Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011, wrap,string and netwrap price tracker.

Old MacDonald

Thumbs up 2011, wrap,string and netwrap price tracker.

At the recent Lamma show I hada good chat with the rep from steve Orr (farmers brand). Lamma great but traffic

He was telling me that I would be well advised to buy any stock from last year that my local dealer still had left as this years stock was going to be up to 20% higher than last year:cry:!!!!

He seemed like a genuine bloke but I asked a few more suppliers the same question and got similar answers. I'll still buy the Farmers products tho' as I can't remember having any problems with them. (Stick with what you know!!)

Anyone else heard anything good or bad???

Drashon

Re: 2011, wrap,string and netwrap prices!!

Have asked around, noone is prepared to talk about this seasons prices yet..

jd 2650

Re: 2011, wrap,string and netwrap price tracker.

look at the price of everything else.....could see plastic definitely in the 60 a roll without any fear

le bon paysan

bought 3 rolls of net, 102 (87.72) each plus vat.

valtrarule

trying to buy some at last year prices but no one getting back to me

Huffy

On 750 black , I was quoted 48 a roll -Feb del , pay straight away ,on 150 rolls , and an extra 1/ roll if March payment .
    He said its going up 3 % in the next few days .

You most probably wont find much last yrs stock at last yrs prices because they mostly sold out !!

valtrarule

just found 2 pallets of 750 black last year prices just need another 10 now lol

hay man

Got some 750 delivered 2day 50.50 for silotite black, have two pallets on order, which im more than happy with, i think its going to be much more than that later in the year.

Penmoel

Wrap Prices

Saw a guy coming out of Wynnstay with a pallet of wrap yesterday, are there any offers on the go?

victor the 2nd

Re: Wrap Prices

Think there's a bit of panic buyin of old stock as there's rumours of price hikes in new season

james d geoghegan

I was talking to reps from 2 differant suppliers here in Eire this week and they both said that it will up by 10euro/role this season and maybe more if oil keeps going up.

valtrarule

it got to be dearer look at every thing else i herd 15 to 20 % increase just got two pallets at last years prices could do with more the first year i am shore it will go up

DM

Said it twice before on here in recent weeks but Carrs Billington were selling Visqueen polywrap at same price as last year 51.

Only bought 10 rolls initially, but decided to order another 10 after the scaremongering on here

Sounds like some in the trade are trying to talk the price up

valtrarule

Quote Originally Posted by DM View Post
    Said it twice before on here in recent weeks but Carrs Billington were selling Visqueen polywrap at same price as last year 51.

Only bought 10 rolls initially, but decided to order another 10 after the scaremongering on here

they wont let me have any more
    i think they will be wright this time

Farmboy1977

Quote Originally Posted by DM View Post

Just bought 40 rolls at 51 but payment to be made by end of June also from Carrs Billington. 2 a roll dearer than last year.

Huffy

Quote Originally Posted by valtrarule View Post
    it got to be dearer look at every thing else i herd 15 to 20 % increase just got two pallets at last years prices could do with more the first year i am shore it will go up
    Irrational statement that . Its not GOT to be a lot dearer ,just because of everything else going up . Its more likely to be a little extra ,but not a lot more as far as I can see.

victor the 2nd

Corns up fuels up electricitys up straws up Beefs up OOPs sorry beefs down so doesn't follow Clamp silage will look more appealing and people just won't buy it if it gets too much dearer just wont stack up nearly 2 a bale just for wrap plus baling and wrapping thats 6 PLUS PER BALE! I shall make more hay

Penmoel

Quote Originally Posted by victor the 2nd View Post
    nearly 2 a bale just for wrap plus baling and wrapping thats 6 PLUS PER BALE! I shall make more hay

Great idea I am going to do that, can you arrange the weather for me as well.

victor the 2nd

Heat wave on the way mid June to mid July ok with you?

valtrarule

Quote Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
    Irrational statement that . Its not GOT to be a lot dearer ,just because of everything else going up . Its more likely to be a little extra ,but not a lot more as far as I can see.
    i never said a lot but it will be dearer than last year wish it wasn't
    yes more will try and make hay if weather lets us but after last year shortage i think every one will try to make as much has posable
    the extra price of wrap is nothing compared to the price of buying fodder in this time and silage clamps can only hold so much
    i cant see hay or haylage dropping much this side of xmas

chocolate pig

Hay isn't that much cheaper to make with time,fuel tractor hrs turning the bloody stuff and in this part of the world anyway-much more stressful!!

valtrarule

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate pig View Post
    Hay isn't that much cheaper to make with time,fuel tractor hrs turning the bloody stuff and in this part of the world anyway-much more stressful!!
    i can get more for my hay than i can get for the haylage i agree hay is harder to make the xtra day tedding weather makes the wrap cheap

victor the 2nd

Just take the cost of wrap and wrappin say 3.50 which might be a conservative figure 8 bales an acre equals 28 per acre.You can turn your hay a few times for 28 a acre. Weather does intervene sometimes and it's handy to be able to wrap it if you need to Oh and I forgot the cost of disposal of plastic legally

chocolate pig

You are both correct of course and we endevour to try and make hay when possible as it is so much easier to sell on and indeed haul but many folk round here seem to think it is 'free' to make hay and expensive to make silage and generally the older they are the more they beleive this!! Father being one! It is very satisfying making good hay too.
    Spoken for green wrap @ 49.50 roll last week.

cter

Never bought before as the contractor ordinarily gets it but thought i shop around as i need more this year . Rang round today and found plenty at last years prices providing i have it delivered in february

valtrarule

Just take the cost of wrap and wrappin say 3.50 which might be a conservative figure 8 bales an acre equals 28 per acre.You can turn your hay a few times for 28 a acre. Weather does intervene sometimes and it's handy to be able to wrap it if you need to Oh and I forgot the cost of disposal of plastic legally
    dont forget the shed to put it in

valtrarule

just had a phone call quoting 56 a role but going to 58 next week is just me

Devon James

Any user stories to the three of these?

Winner: dearest
    Cordex: cheapest
    Total Cover Plus

Got three different prices, what would your preference be considering the quality of the different nets?

Thanks

victor the 2nd

Haven't used any of them bin using stuff from Mole Valley was cheapest and I get on with it fine Can't remember the name. Also M Valley man said bale wrap wouldn't be that much dearer this yr hope he's right haven't ordered any yet

balerman

Haven't used any of them bin using stuff from Mole Valley was cheapest and I get on with it fine Can't remember the name. Also M Valley man said bale wrap wouldn't be that much dearer this yr hope he's right haven't ordered any yet
    I have learnt to ignore what MVF staff tell me about wrap prices,last year they told me it would not be any more than the year before,when the prices came out was up 4-5 quid a roll.I think it could easily be 60 quid + by may.Last years MVF net wrap was Total Cover Plus.