Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The fastest MF168 in the world

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    775

    The fastest MF168 in the world

    It's true.. attested to by the Tas Police who claim I was exceeding the 80kph limit by between 10 and 14 kph, the evidence being the Infringement Notice below.

    'Course, I wasn't where they claim on the day they claim, but they did get the registration for my MF168 correct. Go figure

    And the story continues: a few days after emailing the police office to deny any wrong doing, I received an email from a non-government address claiming I had been caught speeding and I should use the link to pay the fine. Go figure again!

    Fastest MF168.jpeg
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    838

    Re: The fastest MF168 in the world

    I suspect someone has cloned your tractors registration number and is using it on something else.

    I've heard similar stories in this country.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    775

    Re: The fastest MF168 in the world

    Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    I suspect someone has cloned your tractors registration number and is using it on something else.

    I've heard similar stories in this country.
    Never thought of that - you could be correct. The rego was the only thing which was valid.

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    496

    Re: The fastest MF168 in the world

    On this side of the pond, before Christmas there was a scam going on where people would receive emails saying they had "outstanding parking tickets" and to "click on a link" to pay them.

    Was the first one sent by email or post? if email, did you give the gov your email address or have they obtained access to information that shouldn't be available (i.e. hacked a government data base)?

    If you think someone has "cloned" your plate, I suggest you take that plate in and demand they replace it (for free).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    775

    Re: The fastest MF168 in the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    On this side of the pond, before Christmas there was a scam going on where people would receive emails saying they had "outstanding parking tickets" and to "click on a link" to pay them.

    Was the first one sent by email or post? if email, did you give the gov your email address or have they obtained access to information that shouldn't be available (i.e. hacked a government data base)?

    If you think someone has "cloned" your plate, I suggest you take that plate in and demand they replace it (for free).
    Some good points, Ironhead.

    The initial claim was by letter. When I phoned the office (I used the number on the letter, whereas I should have used the phone book number) the officer's code number was confirmed as correct. Also, the letter did not impose a fine, so I assume it was kosher.

    Re replacing the plate, that will take time, and in essence, it's their problem - unless I get a fine when I can't prove it wasn't me

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northumbrialand
    Posts
    1,253

    Re: The fastest MF168 in the world

    Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    Some good points, Ironhead.

    The initial claim was by letter. When I phoned the office (I used the number on the letter, whereas I should have used the phone book number) the officer's code number was confirmed as correct. Also, the letter did not impose a fine, so I assume it was kosher.

    Re replacing the plate, that will take time, and in essence, it's their problem - unless I get a fine when I can't prove it wasn't me

    JV
    Invite plod around and ask him to replicate your feat of speed.....or take the rap and contact Guinness Book of Records....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    775

    Re: The fastest MF168 in the world

    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Invite plod around and ask him to replicate your feat of speed.....or take the rap and contact Guinness Book of Records....
    Ha! Since there was no fine, the Guinness caper is attractive - but too time consuming!
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •