Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLUSTER FLUSH

PUMA BOY

CLUSTER FLUSH

Anybody useing a fabdec cluster flush if so any reports?

PUMA BOY

Re: CLUSTER FLUSH

nobody got one?????

James T

We put an De Laval one in last month.

Very Good.

J_B

Nah

Vaccar's the best

http://www.clusterflush.com/

PUMA BOY

whats the delaval like? does it also teat dip and who makes them for delaval

welshdairyfarmer

I've heard that Cluster Flushing doesn't necessarily reduce herd cell counts?

dairycoos

Quote Originally Posted by welshdairyfarmer View Post
    I'd second that.

Save your money!

J_B

Well if anything was guaranteed, we'd all be doing it

C/F is, like a lot of things, another aid to helping reduce CC's

welshdairyfarmer

Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    Well if anything was guaranteed, we'd all be doing it

C/F is, like a lot of things, another aid to helping reduce CC's
    Wouldn't there be cheaper ways of solving the problem?

J_B

Wouldn't there be cheaper ways of solving the problem?
    I suppose that would depend on what the problem was

C/F is a very quick way of disinfecting clusters. Some folks value time differently to others.

welshdairyfarmer

Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    I suppose that would depend on what the problem was

C/F is a very quick way of disinfecting clusters. Some folks value time differently to others.
    Very true; good point

pellow

farmer local to me who has cell count problems installed a cluster flush system 12 months ago, it has cut his mastitis noticibly but not cell counts, not saying what is right or wrong, just his results

noel

Hi there, new to the forum. I installed cluster flushing neary 2 years ago.Delighted with the results.Had a major problem with staph a.I serviced the machine regularly. Wore gloves. Post dipped. Culled high cell count cows etc. I had very little clinical mastitis, but a lot of sub clinical (I have being recording for a number of years). I noticed that the cell count climbed more during the grazing season than when they were indoors. I installed the system and within 12 months cell counts were way down (from 350,000 to under 100,000). I got the system from Pearsons here in Ireland. Last year I had to hold on to a number of high cell count cows due to low numbers and my cell count stayed low. The recording has show that I have very few new animals infected. I also changed my teat spray head from the ambic classic 402 to bovaloop (imported from the U.S. and adapted to fit the ambic spay gun). I think that the research that has been done shows that CF has benifits for contagious mastitis but not enviromental mastitis. Would reccomend it, but only after checking all the obivious causes

multi power

we have vaccar here, very good no worries about spreading mastitis, but its not magic

pellow

interesting how every farm is different, a guy close to me had clusterflush installed and found it made no difference at all to his cell counts, although total numbers of mastitis cases were down, probably because of no cross contamination. He is unhappy with the investment

nichmark

Quote Originally Posted by pellow View Post
    interesting how every farm is different, a guy close to me had clusterflush installed and found it made no difference at all to his cell counts, although total numbers of mastitis cases were down, probably because of no cross contamination. He is unhappy with the investment
    well isnt a reduction in mastitis cases enought? If every case costs 200 will sonn pay for itself?

noel

My belief is that cluster fluster won't cure "the problem". Culling, gloves, dipping etc are as important. But over time (depending how aggressive you attack the problem) cluster flushing will reduce the SCC, provided the source is enviromental. At a recent conference Peter Edmonton (noted vet dealing with mastitis) said that cows of 2 lactations or more infected with Staph a only have a 50% chance of long term recovery. this may be why your neighbours farm still has a high SCC

Tomo

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Hi there, new to the forum. I installed cluster flushing neary 2 years ago.Delighted with the results.Had a major problem with staph a.I serviced the machine regularly. Wore gloves. Post dipped. Culled high cell count cows etc. I had very little clinical mastitis, but a lot of sub clinical (I have being recording for a number of years). I noticed that the cell count climbed more during the grazing season than when they were indoors. I installed the system and within 12 months cell counts were way down (from 350,000 to under 100,000). I got the system from Pearsons here in Ireland. Last year I had to hold on to a number of high cell count cows due to low numbers and my cell count stayed low. The recording has show that I have very few new animals infected. I also changed my teat spray head from the ambic classic 402 to bovaloop (imported from the U.S. and adapted to fit the ambic spay gun). I think that the research that has been done shows that CF has benifits for contagious mastitis but not enviromental mastitis. Would reccomend it, but only after checking all the obivious causes

went to a XLVets meeting on milking routines etc the other week and this was the main point made on CF. make sure you know where the problem stems from before splashing out. As an aside one farmer on the course had the ADF system and didnt like it at all, the CF was ok but the teat spray part he didn't rate at all, but thats a different story

multi power

cluster flush will do nothing for scc, but it will however stop mastitis spreading from cow to cow, whitch in the long term may help scc

J_B

Quote Originally Posted by multi power View Post
    we have vaccar here, very good no worries about spreading mastitis, but its not magic
    +1

organic guy

I am thinking of install cluster flushing in a new parlour. i do not know if I should put in ADF or just flushing?

We have recently had a bad Strep. Uberis problem. I had to put a second man in the parlour to dip all clusters. Within a week we had gone from a case of mastitis/day to 1/week(Still not good but better than before.)
    Cell count has dropped from 250 and rising to 130 and fallingproblem is where do I go from here as I cannot have two milking indefinately.

Milker Man

Quote Originally Posted by organic guy View Post
    I am thinking of install cluster flushing in a new parlour. i do not know if I should put in ADF or just flushing?

We have recently had a bad Strep. Uberis problem. I had to put a second man in the parlour to dip all clusters. Within a week we had gone from a case of mastitis/day to 1/week(Still not good but better than before.)
    Cell count has dropped from 250 and rising to 130 and fallingproblem is where do I go from here as I cannot have two milking indefinately.

sent you a pm

NeilO

Quote Originally Posted by Milker Man View Post
    sent you a pm
    As have I.

J_B

Pah - PM's

Come on ........... spill the beans in public I say

Print and be dammed

Milker Man

looks like a good option to cluster flushing using your own shells and liners with added automatic teat dipping.

www.airwashplus.co.uk

cowfarm

Quote Originally Posted by Milker Man View Post
    looks like a good option to cluster flushing using your own shells and liners with added automatic teat dipping.

www.airwashplus.co.uk
    Any idea on price per point?

meandmycows

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post

hi, we`ve done a bacto brakedown bulk test recently and found that sub-clinical mastitis is there and the type that spreads from cow to cow is there aswell so we`re looking at back flushing.
    i know pearsons have a good one that`s been quietly working well for years but we milk in a dairymaster so will probably go for theirs unless anyone knows anything dodgy about it ???

Milker Man

Quote Originally Posted by cowfarm View Post
    Any idea on price per point?
    not sure but im sure if you contact them they will tell you. i expect it veries depending on size of parlour?

noel

Just a quick reply to MEANDMYCOWS. I was talking to the guys from Pearsons and they do a good bit of work in Wales.
    Make sure you find out the cows that are causing your problem and get them tested individually. Bulk tank testing will only give you a general idea of what is going on.

Seatter10

we have an ADF system for sale 24 point, 400 per point