Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

  1. #1
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,415

    The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Grease guns are always a topical subject so here are a few observations of a few brands tried here in the past few years.




    These are the 4 types we have tried.










    This one is being punted around several wearpart companies along with its screw on cartridge. Its a small lightweight gun but like its conventional lever sibling it suffers from being difficult to prime when new and then sometimes after fitting a fresh cartridge. With the lack of a plunger to push/force the grease into the piston you soon learn to find a suitable item to push up on the plastic follower, using a thumb sometimes works but if you get an air lock further than your thumb can reach........! You also learn to find something of a suitable size, too small a diameter and you risk tipping the follower over.

    Biggest downfall though is the sheer lack of pressure and a poor connector. On the plus side because of the lack of sprung loaded plunger it doesn't weep oil out of the grease if left unused for long periods- the normal lever Alemite held in the van on a stowage bracket drips red oil that frequently needs mopping up more so in the warmer summer months whereas these style cartridges seem pretty leak free.

    Really they are useful for regular greasing on something that doesn't have blocked or hard to force in nipples- something that requires daily routine little and often.








    This is where we upset the ozzies. This is Macnaughts offering. Always deemed the rolls-royce which seems to refer more to the build quality than the ease of use. Not the cheapest of guns but it suffers with frequent sticking of the plunger in the cartridge especially if its not been used for a day and it fails to fully fill the piston with grease so you only get 50% or less of a stroke on the lever. To see what it can do you can pull the plunger rod out and lock it a 1/4 turn in the piston and then pump with one hand while pushing the plunger rod into your leg/thigh with the other- this fills the piston for a full stroke every time but means you have to be a bit of a contortionist. Maybe if bulk filled the plunger wouldn't stick?

    Very disappointed with this and we had the alloy casting break under warranty. Its relegated to very occasional use with a cartridge of special water resistant grease.








    Alemite battery grease gun as recommended by ACE. Very nice bit of kit. Works well but just seems to get in such a mess particularity with one of our team who seems to like a lot although there are time when he's havin a real love/hate thing with it. I just find the very long hose more trouble than its worth- it flails about and readily spreads grease everywhere and the gun is always in a mess. I've given up using preferring to go back manual versions. Apart from the charger packing up after 3 years its been ok and reliable. Really a owner/driver item IMO.










    Alemite again the 555E model.

    A recent purchase at the midlands show. I think this may be the nearest to the JD guns that always had a good following. It cracks the main fault of the Macnaught in that it delivers a full stroke every time and the lack of pressure fault of all the manual ones by having a simple flick-over lever to change from low pressure with volume to low volume with high pressure. Very impressed and ticks most of the boxes except it will weep oil by its design but I can live with that it it works well one handed. It loads easily, can be pressurised to force through air if you have duff cartridge, comes with a decent hose and good coupler.





    Finally any grease gun is only as good as its coupler and having found the standard alemite 30873 end to be really good we have been using them for 7-8 years now. at 2.50 a go they are good value for money. One of the narrowest too.

    Look out for Allube at the shows or they will do stuff over the phone - https://allube.co.uk/category/produc...1-grease-guns/
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    I've had the same McNaught bucket greaser for at least 40 years which has selectable high presure or high volume on the gun. But since the subject of grease guns has popped up will one of these stop me from losing my temper and curtail the foul language that erupts when I'm greasing anything ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2725231861...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    775

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    I've had the same McNaught bucket greaser for at least 40 years which has selectable high presure or high volume on the gun. But since the subject of grease guns has popped up will one of these stop me from losing my temper and curtail the foul language that erupts when I'm greasing anything ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2725231861...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    I've had a 5kg McNaught bucket greaser for about the same length of time, and I am not a happy customer.

    It began leaking grease around the piston if there was still pressure from the bucket. All it requires is one special plastic seal worth bugger all.

    Cannot buy it. Not anywhere, from anyone. McNaught will only supply a complete gun for hundreds of dollars.

    Not impressed

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  4. #4
    Senior Member wr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Breconshire
    Posts
    930

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    I bought a McNaught a few years ago but it's always the one left on the shelf. The best grease gun I have is one of a pair I bought from MSF in 1983 . Still in perfect working order and must have had many cwts of grease through it over the years. I lost the other but found it last year and tried it and it still works. There is no name on either of them. They were just cheapies at the time.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    I've had a 5kg McNaught bucket greaser for about the same length of time, and I am not a happy customer.

    It began leaking grease around the piston if there was still pressure from the bucket. All it requires is one special plastic seal worth bugger all.

    Cannot buy it. Not anywhere, from anyone. McNaught will only supply a complete gun for hundreds of dollars.

    Not impressed

    JV
    John, there is something wrong there. You are much nearer to MacNaught than I am and I have found them really very helpful. I have bought quite a few spares from them over the years. Last year I had a problem with the handle not charging the hose and they sorted me out straight away. I have emails from a guy there. It was a chap called Graham Letters. graham.letters@macnaught.com.au I will pm you the sort of help he has given me.

    This is my outfit and I see that they do advertise a repair kit. I also downloaded a manual from the site as well. And I've also discovered that I bought mine in 1969 !! https://www.macnaught.com.au/fluid-handling/macnaught/grease-equipment/grease-pumps/super-lube-grease-pump-drawing-revision-2


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    775

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    John, there is something wrong there. You are much nearer to MacNaught than I am and I have found them really very helpful. I have bought quite a few spares from them over the years. Last year I had a problem with the handle not charging the hose and they sorted me out straight away. I have emails from a guy there. It was a chap called Graham Letters. graham.letters@macnaught.com.au I will pm you the sort of help he has given me.

    This is my outfit and I see that they do advertise a repair kit. I also downloaded a manual from the site as well. And I've also discovered that I bought mine in 1969 !! https://www.macnaught.com.au/fluid-handling/macnaught/grease-equipment/grease-pumps/super-lube-grease-pump-drawing-revision-2

    Blood oath zaza! You are not wrong! Dredging up the memory, my MiniLube has a superseded gun, thus no parts are available. I think mine dates from about 1966.

    Many thanks for the lead to Mr. Letters. I'll put some of my own together & contact him.

    JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Great. Good luck JV.

  8. #8
    Senior Member T P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk
    Posts
    629

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Grease guns are largely a matter of personal taste but this is the only one handed or pistol grip gun I'm currently using:

    screenshot tool

    For everyday use (out of habit) I would tend to use the two handed popular fuchs variation:

    image search

    (with a longer flex) and it's better at clearing blockages but sometimes this one works in an awkward place for example where you need the other hand to keep the fitting square or perhaps are trying to keep a pto yoke at the optimal angle, officially the figures are the same (approx. 6000psi) but I think it doesn't generate quite the pressure of the two handed variant.Once you use this type of cartridge system you never want to go back to standard oldschool cartridges and definitely not bulk grease. These are the only dry to handle grease free guns I've ever used. Almost every drop of grease you buy is expelled, there's even a plastic spud on the piston that pushes it out the hole! I have a longer flex hose on order for the pistol grip gun as I think the standard one too short and inflexible. The cartridges hold a lot more grease than a standard type and far faster to change. Airlocks pretty much a distant memory. It's the old adage KISS.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    Grease guns are largely a matter of personal taste but this is the only one handed or pistol grip gun I'm currently using:

    screenshot tool

    For everyday use (out of habit) I would tend to use the two handed popular fuchs variation:



    (with a longer flex) and it's better at clearing blockages but sometimes this one works in an awkward place for example where you need the other hand to keep the fitting square or perhaps are trying to keep a pto yoke at the optimal angle, officially the figures are the same (approx. 6000psi) but I think it doesn't generate quite the pressure of the two handed variant.Once you use this type of cartridge system you never want to go back to standard oldschool cartridges and definitely not bulk grease. These are the only dry to handle grease free guns I've ever used. Almost every drop of grease you buy is expelled, there's even a plastic spud on the piston that pushes it out the hole! I have a longer flex hose on order for the pistol grip gun as I think the standard one too short and inflexible. The cartridges hold a lot more grease than a standard type and far faster to change. Airlocks pretty much a distant memory. It's the old adage KISS.

    Interesting that this Fuch type seems airlock free. The cheapie screw on gun we have tried seems to be a bit better if you remove the cap and then push the follower with your thumb to extrude a tad of grease to pre-fill the void in where you screw the cartridge into the gun- ours looks to be quite a bit wide where it screws onto the gun- perhaps the fuch being narrower here helps? Also I suppose it boils down to how good a suction it has to pull the grease in and how well the cartridges are filled?

    Your fuch gun although looking like it stripped down to the bare bones also looks like the alloy casting may be a better quality? our one doesn't get that good a pressure and its lever version stablemate can do a bit more pressure but its still far from what a normal gun can hit. I think once we have used up the cartridges its back to the altmite. Might try the fuchs next time we have to purchase a gun or two.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    O.K. I'll ask again. Is this type of coupler worth buying ?

    End.JPGThere is a video of it here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2725231861...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

  11. #11
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    O.K. I'll ask again. Is this type of coupler worth buying ?

    End.JPGThere is a video of it here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2725231861...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT


    Never tried one one in anger but the Vapormatic rep showed one when they started doing them last year

    Look at www.vapormatic.co.uk/ and enter VLB1068 in the search box. Both versions looks to do much the same thing, perhaps yours is a bit more smart looking? it may also be a tad slimmer? both look to work the same by the trigger pulling the sleeve back thus releasing the chuck jaws, here there is a choice one has 3 jaws and the other has 4.

    By their design they will be ok on the majority of nipples but some like in Universal Joints may prove impossible to reach given their bulk, I would of thought if you went for one then a short flexi hose extension with just a conventional chuck and a nipple in either end would allow you to clip it on for those fiddly to reach nipples?

    Haven't gone for one yet.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  12. #12
    Senior Member T P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk
    Posts
    629

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    O.K. I'll ask again. Is this type of coupler worth buying ?

    End.JPGThere is a video of it here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2725231861...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    I'll let you know in a couple of weeks as I've ordered two, I suspect the physical size will be an issue quite often but I will consider buying a couple more guns if they are any good. Certainly the idea of being able to release them off a blocked nipple without any damage appeals.

  13. #13
    Senior Member T P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk
    Posts
    629

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Interesting that this Fuch type seems airlock free. The cheapie screw on gun we have tried seems to be a bit better if you remove the cap and then push the follower with your thumb to extrude a tad of grease to pre-fill the void in where you screw the cartridge into the gun- ours looks to be quite a bit wide where it screws onto the gun- perhaps the fuch being narrower here helps? Also I suppose it boils down to how good a suction it has to pull the grease in and how well the cartridges are filled?

    Your fuch gun although looking like it stripped down to the bare bones also looks like the alloy casting may be a better quality? our one doesn't get that good a pressure and its lever version stablemate can do a bit more pressure but its still far from what a normal gun can hit. I think once we have used up the cartridges its back to the altmite. Might try the fuchs next time we have to purchase a gun or two.
    I was very sceptical of the fuchs design at first but having three guns in total now for a few years I can say that their build quality seems superb, none have leaked at the seals (yet) and other than a few dead pumps at the cartridge change no airlocks. I have managed to bend the static handle on one but that was through extreme force trying to clear a blockage and it was easy enough to straighten. Their alloy castings seem particularly good quality given the leverage they can withstand. I'm slightly concerned that as they get more popular some bean counter might downsource the manufacture to cash in. The older blue handle ones are very reliable so far.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Thanks TP. I would be interested in your appraisal of the connectors when you get them. And ff makes a good point about not being able to get into UJs and I think he is probably right, certainly on the small ones. I have two extension to my MacNaught pistol gun. One is, as he mentions, a flexible pipe with a male at one end and a female at the other to go on to the nipple. The male end has a sleeve that slides over the female on the gun and it keeps it central so no leakage of grease there.

    The other extension I have is a rigid pipe, again with the sleeve over the male end but the female end is a connector for grease nipples that instead of going round the nipple has a "needle" type of arrangement within the coupling that is actually pressed into the nipple, pushing the sealing ball back and allowing grease to be pumped into the nipple like that. It isn't tight round the nipple at all. This was a throwback from early Claas days (Matadors) when the grease nipples were such that you couldn't grease then with a normal gun because they were so much smaller. They were actually a damn nuisance and we were pleased when they changed to the normal type.

  15. #15
    Senior Member ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Grease guns are always a topical subject so here are a few observations of a few brands tried here in the past few years.




    These are the 4 types we have tried.










    This one is being punted around several wearpart companies along with its screw on cartridge. Its a small lightweight gun but like its conventional lever sibling it suffers from being difficult to prime when new and then sometimes after fitting a fresh cartridge. With the lack of a plunger to push/force the grease into the piston you soon learn to find a suitable item to push up on the plastic follower, using a thumb sometimes works but if you get an air lock further than your thumb can reach........! You also learn to find something of a suitable size, too small a diameter and you risk tipping the follower over.

    Biggest downfall though is the sheer lack of pressure and a poor connector. On the plus side because of the lack of sprung loaded plunger it doesn't weep oil out of the grease if left unused for long periods- the normal lever Alemite held in the van on a stowage bracket drips red oil that frequently needs mopping up more so in the warmer summer months whereas these style cartridges seem pretty leak free.

    Really they are useful for regular greasing on something that doesn't have blocked or hard to force in nipples- something that requires daily routine little and often.








    This is where we upset the ozzies. This is Macnaughts offering. Always deemed the rolls-royce which seems to refer more to the build quality than the ease of use. Not the cheapest of guns but it suffers with frequent sticking of the plunger in the cartridge especially if its not been used for a day and it fails to fully fill the piston with grease so you only get 50% or less of a stroke on the lever. To see what it can do you can pull the plunger rod out and lock it a 1/4 turn in the piston and then pump with one hand while pushing the plunger rod into your leg/thigh with the other- this fills the piston for a full stroke every time but means you have to be a bit of a contortionist. Maybe if bulk filled the plunger wouldn't stick?

    Very disappointed with this and we had the alloy casting break under warranty. Its relegated to very occasional use with a cartridge of special water resistant grease.








    Alemite battery grease gun as recommended by ACE. Very nice bit of kit. Works well but just seems to get in such a mess particularity with one of our team who seems to like a lot although there are time when he's havin a real love/hate thing with it. I just find the very long hose more trouble than its worth- it flails about and readily spreads grease everywhere and the gun is always in a mess. I've given up using preferring to go back manual versions. Apart from the charger packing up after 3 years its been ok and reliable. Really a owner/driver item IMO.










    Alemite again the 555E model.

    A recent purchase at the midlands show. I think this may be the nearest to the JD guns that always had a good following. It cracks the main fault of the Macnaught in that it delivers a full stroke every time and the lack of pressure fault of all the manual ones by having a simple flick-over lever to change from low pressure with volume to low volume with high pressure. Very impressed and ticks most of the boxes except it will weep oil by its design but I can live with that it it works well one handed. It loads easily, can be pressurised to force through air if you have duff cartridge, comes with a decent hose and good coupler.





    Finally any grease gun is only as good as its coupler and having found the standard alemite 30873 end to be really good we have been using them for 7-8 years now. at 2.50 a go they are good value for money. One of the narrowest too.

    Look out for Allube at the shows or they will do stuff over the phone - https://allube.co.uk/category/produc...1-grease-guns/

    Your man needs to learn to work a bit cleaner! had mine a lot longer than you and it don't look anything like that!
    It is however due a replacement now, gets the odd air lock in it which is annoying and the replacement cheap battery I got isn't that good. I would really like the new 20volt Alemite to replace it but as a Milwaukee fan having drills and impacts, grinders etc its more practical to have a Milwaukee one to swap batteries etc.

    How ever I don't want the UK versions that are less PSI, I'm going to get a Milwaukee I want the US version with 2 speed and 10000psi which will be similar in spec to the 20volt alemite. Sent 2 facebook messages to Milwaukee's page and 1 email to a UK dealer to ask if they can get them, no reply! So sent a message to some one on ebay in US selling the bare tool to get a quote for shipping one here (they claim the ship to UK) and again no reply

    Looks like i'm stuck with my old one for the time being

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    420

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    Grease guns are largely a matter of personal taste but this is the only one handed or pistol grip gun I'm currently using:

    Who's the supplier over here chief?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    I mentioned in my last comment that I have one extension that has a needle type of grease nipple connector. It can be quite useful at times because if you have a nipple that has become damaged in some way and if it's a bit of a pig to get at you can usually use this type of connector. It has to be on a rigid pipe which in turn is connected to the gun because you have to exert pressure to keep the "needle" in the nipple. The other end of the rigid pipe goes into the female coupling on the gun but has a sleeve which slides over the female coupling so that you can keep it rigid.

    I hope I have made that clear enough so that people can understand what I'm on about. If not just holler and I'll send some more piccies.

    This is what it looks like :

    Coupling.jpg

  18. #18
    Senior Member Footsfitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hants
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Your man needs to learn to work a bit cleaner! had mine a lot longer than you and it don't look anything like that!
    It is however due a replacement now, gets the odd air lock in it which is annoying and the replacement cheap battery I got isn't that good. I would really like the new 20volt Alemite to replace it but as a Milwaukee fan having drills and impacts, grinders etc its more practical to have a Milwaukee one to swap batteries etc.

    How ever I don't want the UK versions that are less PSI, I'm going to get a Milwaukee I want the US version with 2 speed and 10000psi which will be similar in spec to the 20volt alemite. Sent 2 facebook messages to Milwaukee's page and 1 email to a UK dealer to ask if they can get them, no reply! So sent a message to some one on ebay in US selling the bare tool to get a quote for shipping one here (they claim the ship to UK) and again no reply

    Looks like i'm stuck with my old one for the time being


    sounds like your going to have to find a contact in the states to handle and post it- shipping from there isn't too bad until businesses decide to add their wedge to it. Some of the old Cat stuff is peanuts until you try to get it across the pond.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

  19. #19
    Senior Member T P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk
    Posts
    629

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by wrsni View Post
    Who's the supplier over here chief?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuchs-Rein...4AAOSwAuNW2aIV

    Contact them and query them on the postage restriction, it's pure laziness on their part.I get stuff sent over all the time at the same rates as the mainland with slower couriers like My Hermes or collect+ etc. it's actually very much in the sellers interest to find out a cost effective courier to NI and stop losing sales, they do exist.I,m outing one of these on mine as the original hose is stiff and short:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1523497451...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT


    Quality might not be great but I'm going to give it a try at fiver.

    Links for sensible priced couriers that I've had stuff from to NI

    https://www.collectplus.co.uk/

    https://www.myhermes.co.uk/?gclid=CK...FaO17QodaDcE9w

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    420

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    I'll send them a message and see what the crack is.

    Was more wondering if you'd ever tried anyone over here for one, Fyfes or such like.

  21. #21
    Senior Member T P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk
    Posts
    629

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Quote Originally Posted by wrsni View Post
    I'll send them a message and see what the crack is.

    Was more wondering if you'd ever tried anyone over here for one, Fyfes or such like.
    I bought my pistol type somewhere, almost certainly ebay but I can find no trace of it as the purchase history only goes back a few years. I've had it a while now. I'm sure whoever the local fuchs agent is will be able to order one. The first conventional two lever fuchs one I bought was an impulse buy At Farmcare services in Rasharkin but I've never seen them with the pistol grip version. To be honest you'd probably sell 200 two lever ones for every one pistol grip so no one wants to tie up money in dead stock. Farmcare only stocked EP2 grease in the fuchs cartridge type when I got the first one but they now have several different types including moly and I think a blue one. I've seen the cartridges at several other places including JNK and a friend bought a two lever gun and cartridges from I think Connan farm supplies. Originally fuchs must have planned their own gun and cartridges a bit like the printer ink cartridge setup,but the concept is now available in other brandnames both the gun and cartridge but I would doubt they will be anything near the standard of the original.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-Dou...gAAOSw44BYZvBZ

    The original ones had blue handles,Fuchs engraved on the handle and the grease nipple on them possibly to store the connector and are different where the cartridge screws on

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/51814-MISC...0AAOxySy9SQ4l8

    This is claimed to be an original but in my observation looks like a clone as there are a number of differences with mine, is it an accident that it says Genuine FUCH rather than Genuine Fuchs?

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUCH-HD-TW...EAAOSwFNZWud-O

    Non OEM cartridges

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Screw-on-t...RU3lFuZbDQER6Q

    Like everything else that's any good the market's going to end up flooded with naff Chinese copies that ruin the reputation of the original

    https://www.psni.police.uk/news/Late...nal-sentenced/

    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...cessories-scam

    You study the pictures and make your own mind up.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kajo-Greas...YAAOxyu1FRjQ-E

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuchs-Professional-Grease-Gun-Double-Handle-Suits-Screw-In-500g-Cartridge/252450463068?
    _trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222 007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D201401221253 56%26meid%3De757b41b6f9544bd8fb7d2bd8da1f694%26pid %3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D252402082848


    Strictly coincidence, I'm sure, that's there's a company by that name in Slovakia that does metal fabrication:
    https://www.emis.com/php/company-pro...n_2295666.html

    To be fair to the seller they are offering both the original and the copy at different prices and the clone is not faking the OEM branding_ Sometimes you're just better with the real McCoy. I doubt Fuchs a lubricants company have there own metal fab factory so there's an outside possibility theirs is made there too.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    420

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    Well, if I make a balls of getting one after all that I certainly can't blame you! Excellent info there fella, thank you.

    I'd be about Fyfes pretty regular, JNK less so but I still have an account there as well so I'll see what either of them come up with. It hasn't happened that often, but the very few times that I've had an issue with anything supplied by either, a return was never queried so it makes buying that bit less of a risk.

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Halsall
    Posts
    12

    Re: The votes in on Pistol Grease Guns...........

    If anyone wants to give the Reiner Grease Gun a try we sell the starter Kit. Weve had nothing but good feedback from these guns and the grease.

    Just click here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •