Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: timming a 6 cylinder international

essexpete

Re: timming a 6 cylinder international

This may be a stupid question but is the combine engine set up with suitable sump or will you add chassis rails?

I had not read all the posts.

manx674

it still has the combime sump , i made some rails to fit between the fr axles lower sump holes and the rear sump hole, should be ok, was a bit fiddly puttin rear bolts in, will post pic soon,

manx674

it runs , finally got the thing started today, had a lot of trouble with the fuel pump and timing, retimed and mate had an 955 pump , ( 955 used same D-310 engine ) , whiff of easy start and loads of roaring smoke , settled down to nice tick over, then when to pull it out workshop, soon as it hit the door step it stopped, no drive, thoughts of resplit flashed before my eyes, though its a reskimmed clutch and set up correctly, the torque amplifier did'nt work before, and still does'nt, no drive because the switch was on the knackerd setting lol, flicked the switch and all good phew lol

axial1680

After its all set up and running, you will have to fine tune it, and ajust it by moving the pump housing. I had it slightly retarded and advanced it each morning so it just started nice when it was cold, it sounds awful if its too advanced.
    Paul