Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 541 to 555 of 555

Thread: My Gaia Wind turbine project

  1. #541
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Carmarthen
    Posts
    364

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Agreed, a Power Predictor is not that reliable but my point was that it is more reliable than most turbine resellers. Even if it packs up after 6 weeks you can compare those 6 weeks to the local Met station and so see if you are in the same ball park as the national database stuff. Ok, so there may be 4 steps regarding wind speed.
    1.Look up your site on the National wind speed data base.
    2. go outside and wet your finger
    3. buy a Power Predictor then bin after a few months
    4. now that you have justified a proper anemometer, hire a proper anemometer for 6 months before giving over 50,000-1,000,000 to someone in a sharp suit.

    A golden rule is; it is never as windy as you actually think, so any measurement is better than none.

  2. #542
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Angus
    Posts
    2

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Thanks for the comments about the power predictor but does anyone have further info on the output of their Gaia turbine?

  3. #543
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    yorkshire
    Posts
    2

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Hi
    Our Gaia has generated 135,000 kwh since erected Nov 10 on 6m/s site

  4. #544
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NE England
    Posts
    25

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Have the Gaia turbines survived the recent high winds unscathed? A colleague has observed some now on brake and afew proven now undergoing "repairs" in Scotland . Is this an argument to shut your turbine down in severe wind?

  5. #545
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glamorgan
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    This weekend will be a ''Tester'' again looks like ?

  6. #546
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Quote Originally Posted by MyriadCEG View Post
    As it's the start of January it would be great to hear everyone's full year production figures. Maybe even compare them to what you were estimated?

    Sniff: I've replied to your PM
    If you want to compare your Gaia with a C&F have a look at www.cfturbinegroup.org.uk and go to the stats tab.

  7. #547
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancs/Cheshire
    Posts
    371

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Quote Originally Posted by alexsmb View Post
    If you want to compare your Gaia with a C&F have a look at www.cfturbinegroup.org.uk and go to the stats tab.
    Hi Alex, C&F forum seems a bit quiet of late, did you get shut down yesterday?

    My CF20 did 4370kWh in Jan so 141/day or 29.4% of capacity [NOBAL windspeed here 5.5m/s]

  8. #548
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    scottish borders
    Posts
    28

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Hi, my remote monitoring has stopped working today, is there a quick fix ?? thanks.

  9. #549
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    16

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    I am here to release some anger . I installed 2 gaia 11 kw turbines 19 months ago and it had been nothing short of a nightmare . Wind speed was estimated at 6.1 ms at hub height with production estimated at 70 to 74 mwh year. In actual fact the first year was less than 40 and this year looking to be the same . One turbine has behaved reasonably well although it has had 2 breakdowns requiring parts. Other turbine is far worse still having the same problem from day 1 which is a cut in error which has to be reset at the moment that happens on a daily basis mosscliff are failing to fix it even after visiting the turbine at least 8 times and their call out time is around 3 weeks until they turn up . I am now talking with my solicitor looking to get the turbines removed and refunded . Has anyone else had issues with gaia or mosscliff ?

  10. #550
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    south west
    Posts
    31

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Quote Originally Posted by edyp View Post
    I am here to release some anger . I installed 2 gaia 11 kw turbines 19 months ago and it had been nothing short of a nightmare . Wind speed was estimated at 6.1 ms at hub height with production estimated at 70 to 74 mwh year. In actual fact the first year was less than 40 and this year looking to be the same . One turbine has behaved reasonably well although it has had 2 breakdowns requiring parts. Other turbine is far worse still having the same problem from day 1 which is a cut in error which has to be reset at the moment that happens on a daily basis mosscliff are failing to fix it even after visiting the turbine at least 8 times and their call out time is around 3 weeks until they turn up . I am now talking with my solicitor looking to get the turbines removed and refunded . Has anyone else had issues with gaia or mosscliff ?
    I am in a similar position with a turbine of a different make bought from Mosscliff but it's not their fault as its the manufactures that are totally useless (Endurance) as my turbine came with a major problem and after 8 months it's still got the very same problem and I am very pissed off with them!!!! .

    Have you spoken to Andrew Mc'Flintoff Mosscliff's MD as if you talk to him he will listen? Have you seen Nick Durrell from their welsh team as I am lead to be live he's well up on Gaia turbines as he cut his teeth on them?

  11. #551
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Quote Originally Posted by edyp View Post
    I am here to release some anger . I installed 2 gaia 11 kw turbines 19 months ago and it had been nothing short of a nightmare . Wind speed was estimated at 6.1 ms at hub height with production estimated at 70 to 74 mwh year. In actual fact the first year was less than 40 and this year looking to be the same . One turbine has behaved reasonably well although it has had 2 breakdowns requiring parts. Other turbine is far worse still having the same problem from day 1 which is a cut in error which has to be reset at the moment that happens on a daily basis mosscliff are failing to fix it even after visiting the turbine at least 8 times and their call out time is around 3 weeks until they turn up . I am now talking with my solicitor looking to get the turbines removed and refunded . Has anyone else had issues with gaia or mosscliff ?
    Very sorry to hear that you have had such problems with your turbines. We too have 2 Gaia's, one put up in August 2011 and the second in March 2012. They were sold to us by Segen/Myriad who have since removed themselves from the turbine industry and they predicted 33660kWh on our 5.6 windspeed site. To date they have done 36274, 35478, 38800, 30562, 37584, 33528 in the full years that they have been working. I doubt there is too much wrong with the turbines themselves and suspect the problem lies more with the installation. If you need a second opinion from an installer then I can't recommend these people high enough - http://www.sustainableenergysystems.co.uk/ . They actually carried out the installation of our turbines on behlaf of Myriad and have looked after them/serviced them since then. If they can't sort out your problem's then I don't know who can. Ask for Jon Kemp.

  12. #552
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    16

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Thanks for your suggestions, Eastender your fortunate that your individual turbines are doing the same as my 2 put together and your probably on a very high fit compared to my 22p . I think it must be down to wind speed, downtime is only nocking of a couple k a year. Nick Dorrel is pretty good and has been pretty good. But mosscliffs engineers are way overstretched and they refuse to use subcontractors for maintainance repairs warranty etc.. Both of my turbines stoped last Monday night after a bit of a storm still knowing it would be weeks until the engineers turn up already waiting for them anyway I turned to DIY punched back the blade tip . And swapped the DC unit from one to the other and now have 1 working . Things can only get better :-)

  13. #553
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    south west
    Posts
    31

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Quote Originally Posted by edyp View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions, Eastender your fortunate that your individual turbines are doing the same as my 2 put together and your probably on a very high fit compared to my 22p . I think it must be down to wind speed, downtime is only nocking of a couple k a year. Nick Dorrel is pretty good and has been pretty good. But mosscliffs engineers are way overstretched and they refuse to use subcontractors for maintainance repairs warranty etc.. Both of my turbines stoped last Monday night after a bit of a storm still knowing it would be weeks until the engineers turn up already waiting for them anyway I turned to DIY punched back the blade tip . And swapped the DC unit from one to the other and now have 1 working . Things can only get better :-)
    Ring Andrew McFlintoff soon as and he will hopefully get things moving . Don't deal with monkey's when you can talk to the organ grinder!

    Pm sent. Please read.

  14. #554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Carmarthen
    Posts
    364

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Bad news but Mosscliff went bust on the 23/12/15 so no more anything from them - if you paid for a servicing contract then sorry to say that money has been lost. There might be a ray of hope if you're in Wales as Nick Dorrell, who's original company was bought by Mosscliff a few years ago, is going to start on his own (again) as a servicing company. He is a very good turbine engineer so fingers crossed. I've got his mobile number if you want to message me.

  15. #555
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glamorgan
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: My Gaia Wind turbine project

    Its relative new systems - its the 5 -10 yr down the line we got to worry about - most likely there will be hardly any firms left and
    Turbines be coming down ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •