Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combining Yet

banana bar

Combining Yet

Friend has seen someone cutting OSR in Norfolk, been to Suffolk East coast Friday and Sat night some barley will be tomorrow or Tuesday.

BB

fraggle13

Re: Combining Yet

Some winter barley cut near here (top end of north yorks) will be for crimping I guess, yesterday (25th)

An Gof

Just back from the states, wheat being cut St Louis area. Yields up to normal expectations so far.

czechmate

Today, I have made a good job of combining work with pleasure

czechmate

Quote Originally Posted by banana bar View Post
    Friend has seen someone cutting OSR in Norfolk, been to Suffolk East coast Friday and Sat night some barley will be tomorrow or Tuesday.

BB

Being serious, was that swathing or harvesting?

banana bar

Quote Originally Posted by czechmate View Post
    Being serious, was that swathing or harvesting?
    Harvesting.

BB

marsh_bor

no norfolk show for some, there will be nibbles into WB for sure t'week

dap68

just seen one cutting WB on the side of the A14 in Cambridge.

czechmate

My son sent a text this am saying combining by the Al.
    I cant beleive how much the osr has changed today! And tomorow hotter, although less intense sun. I was planning on swathing around next Fri/Sat but it may well be Tuesday now.

Crazybull

Quote Originally Posted by dap68 View Post
    just seen one cutting WB on the side of the A14 in Cambridge.

Beat me too it, saw them cutting the little bit of land by Huntingdon race course this afternoon, straw was being round baled on the head land and conventionals in the land, saw atleast two trailers full of barley so had something off it and the dust was flying well of the combine!

C B

Big Vern

Quote Originally Posted by czechmate View Post
    My son sent a text this am saying combining by the Al.
    I cant beleive how much the osr has changed today! And tomorow hotter, although less intense sun. I was planning on swathing around next Fri/Sat but it may well be Tuesday now.
    they said "on the countryfile oracle" theres a fair chance of thunder storms all over tuesday, but you never know hope your swathing goes well

Marcot

My winter barley tested at 13% today ...took me by surprise as usual!! Will have a nibble at it tomorrow unless we get the forecast thunderstorms.

Renaultman

Quote Originally Posted by Marcot View Post
    My winter barley tested at 13% today ...took me by surprise as usual!! Will have a nibble at it tomorrow unless we get the forecast thunderstorms.
    Mine's normally 30+ when I first look at mine. Still very green at the moment don't think it will be ready by the Yorkshire show now.

cozzie

will any of these early harvested fields receive a double crop. Spring barley for a stock farmer for wholecroping would not be too far off cutting by the end of September if ideal conditions. Just a taught

Exfarmer

I remember someone trying this in seventy six
    the second crop was ploughed in in December

barleymow

Quote Originally Posted by cozzie View Post
    will any of these early harvested fields receive a double crop. Spring barley for a stock farmer for wholecroping would not be too far off cutting by the end of September if ideal conditions. Just a taught
    There was some barley wholecropped last week inthe village thinks its been drilled with maize now

static_discharge

What news on these early yields then?

Ognob

my guess would be that they won't break records!
    Anyone who harvested before thunder storms on Tuesday did well to get it in the barn; it did come down heavens hard from Brentwood, all the way home to peasenhall. 10mm in the rain guage and no leccy from 5pm to 9.15. Cold tea, and I wanted sausage and mash....

Looking at some winter baleys on strong land, I shud say there is potential for just over 3 ton/acre; on light land 2 to 2.25 will be about right, for East Suffolk anyway. light land spring wheat and spring barley is virtially a right off

machineryman

Lexion in WB just off A47 near Leicester today - wasn't allowed to stop and get pics...

:-(

Gander

Saw a JD working in a field of WB on way to the beach this morning in Fowey, Cornwall

An Gof

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Saw a JD working in a field of WB on way to the beach this morning in Fowey, Cornwall
    Cutting for crimped barley?

Bread_Boy

Seen first bit of Winter Barley cut today in North Suffolk

Must have only been the headland cut late yesterday

Gander

Quote Originally Posted by An Gof View Post
    Cutting for crimped barley?
    Well it was across the valley...else i would've got out to have a look. Quite likely though as I didn't see much looking over fit on my travels- most looks a fortnight away.

Proper Job

NH combine cutting WB just outside Newquay, near Crantock, definitely not crimp.

james 6920

combine cutting swathed rape down here on romney marsh today

johnny400

Saw some that had been cut thursday past in cornwall. Driving out from Padstow.

banana bar

Did 10 ac of Casatta today anywhere between 14% and 22%. Sent a lorry load to Camgrain. 1.86%N, 68kg/hl 18.9%mc. Will leave it for a couple more days.

BB

funkyfarmeruk

got 200 acres of wb cut in rutland mon/tues before rain

Grain_Buyer

how did it do??

TexelBurger

My son saw OSR being cut near the A14 on his way to Standsted airport yesterday,said the wheat crops didn't look too good compared to the west.