Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Combining Yet

essexpeasant

Re: Combining Yet

Rape finished yesterday coming in at 7.5% and now wish I hadn't dried the stuff that came in on wednesday at 10.5%. What a plonker. And then of course I have the pleasure of loading half of it on Monday in the knowledge I sold it at 300. Apart from that, not much to moan about

Barley started last night, 13.5%. Yield mediochre but in early June I would have been one mighty relieved lad if you had told me then what I was going to end up with.

Seat Right Back

Quote Originally Posted by essexpeasant View Post
    Rape finished yesterday coming in at 7.5% and now wish I hadn't dried the stuff that came in on wednesday at 10.5%. What a plonker. And then of course I have the pleasure of loading half of it on Monday in the knowledge I sold it at 300. Apart from that, not much to moan about

Barley started last night, 13.5%. Yield mediochre but in early June I would have been one mighty relieved lad if you had told me then what I was going to end up with.

Come on EP lets have some PY , this is not good enough from a man of your calibre

essexpeasant

Sorry SRT, I thought you would be able to do the calculations yourself, they are whatever yours are +10% - to the nearest second decimal place.

Seat Right Back

Quote Originally Posted by essexpeasant View Post
    Sorry SRT, I thought you would be able to do the calculations yourself, they are whatever yours are +10% - to the nearest second decimal place.

think you will find that SRT [seat right tight ] is my second cousin , who is a considerably lesser person than my good self

essexpeasant

sorry ART, I should know better than to use TLA's

outsiderofthree

FFS what are you boys on about?

Seat Right Back

Quote Originally Posted by outsiderofthree View Post
    FFS what are you boys on about?
    Have a look at ''pub yields'' in cropping

yellow belly

will be another week before rape is fit looking at the forecast it is a good job

static_discharge

The rain is going to stop the temptation to cut rape too early. Should be almost 4 weeks sprayed off when we get going again.

shakerator

Quote Originally Posted by static_discharge View Post
    Going to take a headland off tomorrow and take it to the store. Then if the forecast is not good, and it will go through the combine, we will press on. Grain tests dry enough, but there are greens and the odd unripe pod. Will these crisp up on the wooden floor for a week or so? Best left in the field though if we are only to get a shower.

combined round a field this morning and also found greens (about 1%, and 1% red).15 days since glyph. anyone know what the tolerance on green and red seeds are? havin said that looks like next week now anyway

Derky

Quote Originally Posted by shakerator View Post
    combined round a field this morning and also found greens (about 1%, and 1% red).15 days since glyph. anyone know what the tolerance on green and red seeds are? havin said that looks like next week now anyway
    4% max of green, rancid or immature seed.

static_discharge

All the greens that we tipped on the wooden floor last Thursday are now black and dry. Wont be in it until the weekend at the earliest now which will be 25 days since dessication so any greens by then are going to have to stay as I will be out of patience.

Robert

I'd have thought that sample would be absolutely fine. Some varieties are redder than others, been concerned but never had a problem in the past.

czechmate

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I'd have thought that sample would be absolutely fine. Some varieties are redder than others, been concerned but never had a problem in the past.
    If the seed are red, they should check for oil content and if oily, as they often are, then they should still be accepted.

Bread_Boy

In winter barley at 18% here now

And seen another in rape

tw15

Got back into the astrid yesturday evening at 8pm and carried on to finish a block until 3.30 am this morning just about to start again at 11 today if the dam rain stays away we have decieded to take it come what may as long as it is under 12% its fit as a butchers dog now with the weather forcast as it is not looking good its better off in the shed.

Renaultman

Started and finished the W Barley today, only 24 acres, It's all to Propcorn for cattle so no actual weights, so will just have to guess at 'Very average' Nowt startling at all :cry:

Clive

that would be rejected at our store under the guide we have to work to

Mayo

Buddy of mine has just sprayed his wheat with glypho. Still only a handful of fields cut in this area.

Charlie6930

Started barley at the weekend. Cassia was coming off at 16.5 %, Suzuka was at 14.6% - Last year we could hardly get it off the drier at that!

Clive

Got Lee's OSR all to the way but looking at ours it's still so green I can see us in wheat first !

Swathed stuff down over 2 weeks now and still very green

knockie

Got a start into WB yesterday, happy enough, everything working ok.
    SD.

hesstondriver

First post . 12 months ago,

so whos ready to go. I have the baler ready,

i can bail any quantity of water !!!

spikeislander

somebody start a new thread in about 4 weeks when its ready!! it might be closer elsewhere but here in beds we are miles off!!
    again start another one!!