Thread: Selection of tractors - Advice please

Selection of tractors - Advice please

Sadly my Dad passed away recently and so we are now making efforts to organise his estate part of which was a small holding in which he had a few old tractors that have been sat for some years.

i figured these might have some value and was hoping to get some advice on whether they would be of interest and what sort of value might be attached to them.

To the best of my understanding they are -

David Brown 1210
    David Brown 1212
    international ?

Here's a few images

image upload no limit

Re: Selection of tractors - Advice please

There might be someone out there needing a specific part but they look to have stood for a long time and presumably were parked due to failure of some kind.
    As they are not rolling you could advertise for parts on an offer basis and let someone remove what they need before scrapping. A load of hassle IMO.
    Offer the lot to someone FOC on the basis that they clear right up. You would have to watch them.
    Scrap has been fluctuating between 75 and 100+ in recent weeks but scrappie will not want the old tyres. You could ask the local scrap man if they could supply a bin and see how that would work out wise. You might have to factor in a means/cost of loading the bin. Perhaps you have other scrap to get rid of as well?
    Not easy clearing up someone's life I know.

Peter

Thanks for the advice. There are a few bits of scrap that need clearing so was thinking about getting a bin. I do remember someone a few years back offering Dad 500 for one of the David Browns and was even willing to collect but Dad never followed it up!

I'll posting to the DB forum too

Thanks

Ant

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

The heavy duty side ram front axle of the 1212 is very desirable for fitting to other models such as 1390's with a loader as it's a good upgrade over a feeble original one. The axle alone is worth 250-400 depending on condition_ I can't see if the other older tractor has one too. The hydrashift box is probably worth 500 regardless of condition .If the cranks are intact in the DB engines's they are worth money (few hundred each). Try ringing a breaker and asking for the parts! Steering box 100 easy even if it's ropey.

Thank TP. Much appreciated advice

Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    The heavy duty side ram front axle of the 1212 is very desirable for fitting to other models such as 1390's with a loader as it's a good upgrade over a feeble original one. The axle alone is worth 250-400 depending on condition_ I can't see if the other older tractor has one too. The hydrashift box is probably worth 500 regardless of condition .If the cranks are intact in the DB engines's they are worth money (few hundred each). Try ringing a breaker and asking for the parts! Steering box 100 easy even if it's ropey.
    Thanks very much