Thread: Fm750

Against_the_grain

Fm750

can you make the fm 750 (new holland equivelent of the cfx 750) beep when disengaging? when it drops out in the middle of a field its a real ba***rd and before long you find out your 3,4,5m of line!

Also does anyone know if there are any differences between cfx and fm?

Field Track

Thumbs up Re: Fm750

Might not be loud but it does. Check your settings as you may have made it quiet. The remote control also has a bleeper and you can mount that closer to you. Still if tractor is noisy you'll struggle.

Against_the_grain

Re: Fm750

remote control!!?

Feldspar

Can anyone be more precise about how to make it beep when the guidance (EZ steer) disengages? I had a fiddle the other day and have had a quick search of the manual and haven't found anything.

TIA

MrNoo

Mine certainly does beep, when it dries up enough to cultivate I will have a look, must be in the settings somewhere?

Field Track

It bleeps when using the on screen on/off button. It also bleeps louder when using the remote joystick (be sure if you get this you order the right one with included (all) cables.) Also I'm sure the 750 does have an option for the Sonalert buzzer which is really loud.

Where the 750 fails is when using a remote engage switch through the T2 box - for some dumb reason it does not bleep when you engage, or it disengages for some reason. We have this issue in the combine currently. Trimble need to update the firmware for this really but whether they do is another matter.

Sonalert buzzer would be my best option if available for the 750. I was going to try and wire in a buzzer myself but never got around to it.

What I find is:
    http://triangleag.com/support/CFX750..._QRC_1A_LR.pdf

Page 4 items 6 and 7.

Feldspar

I'm using a foot switch which does indeed go into the T2. Would be annoying if I have to disconnect it as jabbing at the screen is a pain. (Does anyone else find the screen not very responsive near the edges? This is also annoying as some of the important buttons are at the edge!)

Will see if the sonalert thing is available.

Thanks.

MrNoo

Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    I'm using a foot switch which does indeed go into the T2. Would be annoying if I have to disconnect it as jabbing at the screen is a pain. (Does anyone else find the screen not very responsive near the edges? This is also annoying as some of the important buttons are at the edge!)

Will see if the sonalert thing is available.

Thanks.
    I just press the button on the corner of the screen, it`s very easy as I have it mounted just above the spool valve levers, it comes to hand very easily, almost second nature now.

Field Track

Downside is I think the T2 engage lack of a bleep is a coding issue, so a Sonalert is not going to help. My guess at the minute. Two firmware updates a year and the next is usually in September. I'll see if I can't point Trimble here to look at it. Chances of a fix are slim mind.

back'o'beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Field Track View Post
    Downside is I think the T2 engage lack of a bleep is a coding issue, so a Sonalert is not going to help. My guess at the minute. Two firmware updates a year and the next is usually in September. I'll see if I can't point Trimble here to look at it. Chances of a fix are slim mind.
    Sonalert does work with 750, beeps on engage and disengage. Trouble is I was charged well over 100 quid for mine from Trimble.
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/buzzers/7216533/ this is an identical buzzer to the one used by Trimble, they sell the connectors as well. If you want to make one I will find out which pins to connect to, if you ask me nicely!

Field Track

I know it works but whether it bleeps when using the T2 wired engage button is another matter, as the 750 doesn't itself unless you use the on screen button.

Andrew Kerr

Any one using a FM750 with field IQ on their sprayer?

back'o'beyond

I see what you mean, but the beep pattern from the T2 box and 750 screen are different. I would assume that the sonalert is a function of the T2 box not the screen. I would be very surprised if it didn't beep no matter how the steering was activated.
    I'll be spending some time with mine tomorrow, I should be able to find a bit of wire to improvise a momentary switch and see what happens. I'll give you an update.

Field Track

Depends if the sonalert works through the T2 on a 750. I tried but didn't put a lot of effort into it. The Sonalert wiring mentioned here goes into the back of the 750. I know the 500 it wired into the T2. Be interested to know, as some bleep is better than none. Combine and 750 not handy for me to look into.

back'o'beyond

Depends if the sonalert works through the T2 on a 750. I tried but didn't put a lot of effort into it. The Sonalert wiring mentioned here goes into the back of the 750. I know the 500 it wired into the T2. Be interested to know, as some bleep is better than none. Combine and 750 not handy for me to look into.
    Yes it works when wired to the T2, mine was purchased to work with a 500, so I've always used it that way with my 750.
    Due to a damp start and barely fit wheat its no go today, so haven't tried it with the foot switch yet.

Badshot

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread, but does anyone know how to delete fields from the 750? As I am learning more how to use it I'd like to get rid of some of the first fields and redo them, can't seem to find that function.

Badshot

Also, can it automatically go to the field you are in? The 500 I had on loan could so surely this can.

Field Track

Not looking at 750 but it will be under Data and then Mange Data. No it does not have the very useful field finder

Badshot

Not looking at 750 but it will be under Data and then Mange Data. No it does not have the very useful field finder
    Thanks fieldtrack, you were right as usual. A step back not having the field finder IMO.