Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit Review

BOB1

Fit Review

I have heard that the Goverment are announcing details tommorow, big cuts are coming for solar PV, are all changes getting announced or is it just going to be a "drip feed" over the next few months

cowcalf

Re: Fit Review

Quote Originally Posted by BOB1 View Post
    I have heard that the Goverment are announcing details tommorow, big cuts are coming for solar PV, are all changes getting announced or is it just going to be a "drip feed" over the next few months

Are you trying to cause a depression on BFF, wind and solar seem to be bigger subject than farming

kier

Just heard from my solar installer that the government are going to change the fit before April but we don't know when or by how much

If your in the process of installing like me then you must get a move on or lose the current fit

big_phil

8 TH DEC FIT CUT TOO 21P !!

quadbod

More reading needed but

quote:

The government is planning to halve feed in tariff incentives for solar photovoltaic (PV) 4kW or smaller from December this year, according to a document mistakenly published by the Energy Saving Trust.

From: http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news...fs-cut-21p-kwh

penntor

Great, just put in for planning permission on a 3.7KW system ( 15 panels), decission date for plannng is 18th December, so cannot get it installed before.

penntor

Badshot

You don't need planning on a house, unless it is listed or in a conservation area. It is done under permitted development, I'd crack on and get it up quick if I were you. Roof mounted that is, ground mount needs permission.

penntor

Quote Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
    You don't need planning on a house, unless it is listed or in a conservation area. It is done under permitted development, I'd crack on and get it up quick if I were you. Roof mounted that is, ground mount needs permission.
    I know, but it is going on a barn roof and I am in the Dartmoor National Park. Mind you, having seen some of the installations that have been put up, right next to roads and highly visable it will be very hard for them to justify turning down my application.

penntor

Badshot

Ah, on a commercial roof then. Here that size would go on a 28 day notice, the planners did eventually decide that my 10kw system was ok on one too. I'm guessing that national park rules mean visual impact needs assessing more thoroughly. Best of luck.

davidroberts30

whats going to happen to systems over 4kw??

glass-half-full

i have planning for a 50kw unit just waiting for instillation. i think we really have to wait till monday for the definate answer though i have heard this:

Following the consultation there needs to be a response and then any changes will need to go through the correct processes. Following that any changes will need a sensible notice period to not penalise people who have paid a deposit but not had an install. No sensible government department would do this it is policy suicide.

If you look at the time frames... consultation ends ~16th December. Parliament have Xmas off. Response comes out early Jan. 8 weeks notice of change given for reasons of business. We are looking at the beginning of March. Why have a fast track for a March 1st change (and the associated backlash) when the scheduled change is 31st March?

Poorbuthappy

How big a roof for 50kw, GHF?

glass-half-full

Quote Originally Posted by Poorbuthappy View Post
    How big a roof for 50kw, GHF?
    the roof is 90m x 15m. it could take a much larger system

Benwales

How's the finances looking now in light of FIT being slashed?

Are many folk changing their plans?

dalos

Is it worth forgeting about planning which in shropshire would be 8 weeks before a decicion, and just getting them up and commissioned, or do you need the planning to be eligable for the fits. I am thinking that the potential lowering of feed in tarif would be worth going the retrospective planning poute .

willb

Quote Originally Posted by dalos View Post
    Is it worth forgeting about planning which in shropshire would be 8 weeks before a decicion, and just getting them up and commissioned, or do you need the planning to be eligable for the fits. I am thinking that the potential lowering of feed in tarif would be worth going the retrospective planning poute .
    We ran the risk.... Got in before the last review.

glass-half-full

if you only book now i think you will be very lucky to get delivery, install and connection in 8 weeks. the G59 application can take 8 weeks alone. from what i understand there is no installers who will be able to fit you in either.

z'snotdead

is this a universal cut in tariff or only on solar power installed after december, could the same thing happen to wind power

BOB1

Quote Originally Posted by z'snotdead View Post
    is this a universal cut in tariff or only on solar power installed after december, could the same thing happen to wind power
    I was hoping that the announcement would cover all aspects of the feed in tarrif, so that we can can start and budget with some certainty again.

With regards to wind turbines I am looking to see if their is much change to the larger turbine tarrifs 500KW and upwards, especially if their is any change to the rules regarding derating turbines to fit in a specific tarrif band.

It sounds as if this announcement on Monday is just another "Fast track review" covering solar PV

BigAndy

i think its just solar at the moment and probable because of all the city institution who have abused the scheme and the complaints about the cowboy operators flogging them to old dears when they know they are not suitable, along of course with the drop in price of the panels.

Wind is different and lead times way longer, it is only just getting going so dont think personally it will be touched yet, but never say never.

culphim78

We are planning a turbine been in planning since january and still waiting most agents around here recon the onshore wind turbines are going to be hammered in the fit review. The offshore wind projects will be reduced a bit but not to the extreme that onshore will be so if not up and commisioned by 31st mar2012 :cry::cry:

chocolate pig

Well I was at a renewables conference a couple of weeks ago and the opinion of those involved in this industry seemed largely to be there will be cuts almost everywhere with solar much the hardest hit,AD may well have more generous rates,hydro much the same ,onshore wind somewhere between 5-10% reductions,didn't ask about offshore projects.I was told if the economics of wind stack up now they should still do so after the review - BUT I guess they are trying to sell something !! Lets hope they are right.

BOB1

The offshore wind is a larger scale job not really catered for in the Feed in Tarrif. The rates for larger wind turbines were confirmed last week by the Government, offshore did not receive any cuts, onshore just down a little I think someone posted the rates on here.
    If the cuts are between 5-10% I could live with that, index linking has lifted rates more than that in 2 years

its yourself

Quote Originally Posted by BOB1 View Post
    The offshore wind is a larger scale job not really catered for in the Feed in Tarrif. The rates for larger wind turbines were confirmed last week by the Government, offshore did not receive any cuts, onshore just down a little I think someone posted the rates on here.
    If the cuts are between 5-10% I could live with that, index linking has lifted rates more than that in 2 years
    The proposed cut in ROCs for onshore wind is 10% from 1 to 0.9. It will not affect deployment as the rate of technical efficiency gain has been more than that recently.

BigAndy

Quote Originally Posted by its yourself View Post
    The proposed cut in ROCs for onshore wind is 10% from 1 to 0.9. It will not affect deployment as the rate of technical efficiency gain has been more than that recently.
    Full list here :-
    http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news...oposals-glance

ex_pool_manager_ha

Is this a retrospective reduction, or is from a future installation date? I have domestic solar panels installed in July!
    Thanks!

its yourself

The change is for a future date. No existing connections will be affected.

Badshot

So long as your system is up and running and registered there is no problem, your FIT is guaranteed (fingers crossed, not trusting the government much)

chocolate pig

Just heard the review is being published tomorrow

BOB1

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate pig View Post
    Just heard the review is being published tomorrow
    The review has been laid before Parliament today full text on the DECC website The review for other parts of the Tarriffs wind etc to come later in the year
    http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cm...s/gb_fits.aspx