Thread: MF 7495

MF 7495

Hello,

Looking at a MF 7495 with 4800 hrs in good condition. It has only worked towing a 26 foot slasher and has had the three point linkage arms removed. The arms aren't available with the machine and will have to purchase a set. The rest of the 3pl components are there and in cab controls. I couldn't get the 3pl upper arms and rams to move but could hear oil flow to the lift assist rams when i operated the external controls.

I tried the buttons and rotating knobs in cab but without experience on this model I'm not sure if the 3pl is locked electronically/ won't lower until weight is applied or lack of use has seized it up? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also is the reliability of the 3pl affected because it was never used?

Also is there anything too look for to indicate the front suspension and vario trans are giving trouble?

Thanks.

Re: MF 7495

Quote Originally Posted by AusMF View Post
    Hello,

Looking at a MF 7495 with 4800 hrs in good condition. It has only worked towing a 26 foot slasher and has had the three point linkage arms removed. The arms aren't available with the machine and will have to purchase a set. The rest of the 3pl components are there and in cab controls. I couldn't get the 3pl upper arms and rams to move but could hear oil flow to the lift assist rams when i operated the external controls.

I tried the buttons and rotating knobs in cab but without experience on this model I'm not sure if the 3pl is locked electronically/ won't lower until weight is applied or lack of use has seized it up? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also is the reliability of the 3pl affected because it was never used?

Also is there anything too look for to indicate the front suspension and vario trans are giving trouble?

Thanks.

Had to look on the AGCO site to see what the 7495 has on the back end.

I'd work on the basis that the rams and rockershaft have been in the raised position for a long time and may be stuck harder than you can move them without any arms on? If they are single acting or just have a low pressure down action they may need a bit more help in getting them moving. Its possible too that the potentiometer on the lift arm and in the cab are out of sync? or simply needing resetting like our 6400 series after start up- move the rocker switch fully both ways and the arms come alive

It might be safe to assume that MF has used the CBM brand for your missing arms and drop links which may be readily available at a discount to AGCO prices Not sure about your parts sourcing there in Oz, I just gawk at the machinery of any dealers we stumble across when visiting WA. Other alternative is if you can find someone breaking one?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: MF 7495

You have to cycle the external switched to wake them up - up, down, up or down up down.

They lower REALLY slowly even with the lower links attached, so if there is no weight on them, they may not even go down at all.
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.