Thread: Hydrostatic drive

Hydrostatic drive

I've a hydrostatic drive x748 jd mower , the drive in reverse is loosing power but forward is ok. I've changed oil and filter but problem still exists. Is all hydros based on same principal and could this be a leaking valve on the reverse side of the pump? I'm open to suggestions as never been in the guts of one before!!

Re: Hydrostatic drive

Found this download for a service manual with a bit of googling - http://tinyurl.com/jxm42o8

Your machine seems to have a version of Tuff Torq's K92 hydro transmission, the above link leads to a copy of their manual for it, at the back there is a diagram of the HST system, a trouble shooting guide and locations of various testpoints etc. It also covers the full strip down.

Looks to be the same system doing forwards and reverse- pump changes flow direction to the same motor. Seeing as its ok in forwards then aim for the check & control valves in the reverse side, or wear/damage to the pump or motor on their reverse side -ie where it could be allowing oil pressure to escape when reversing.

hope thats some help.

PS These are the uk agents for Tuff Torq http://www.gaywaysltd.co.uk/tuff-tor...nsmissions-i51
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Thanks for that , I gave them a phone so they gave me a few points t check out and also have all the parts that I may need! Cheers again

Quote Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
    Thanks for that , I gave them a phone so they gave me a few points t check out and also have all the parts that I may need! Cheers again

That was good.

Never had to get into one in anger but I did get a new drive pulley from them for one of the smaller transmission used on a Stiga mower last year.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......