Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 Kw Price Jan 12 PV

Hali Berry

50 Kw Price Jan 12 PV

Have any of you out there been looking at 50Kw Solar PV since Dec and had an Indication of what the prices are Know. Yes we should have done it before but finances were unstable at that time.

big_phil

Re: 50 Kw Price Jan 12 PV

90k from asset uttilities.com

honest john

Quote Originally Posted by big_phil View Post
    90k from asset uttilities.com
    I have a quote from a sound company 81k 15 to 16% return. 7 year pay back. Not much cable etc needed.
    Quotes started in the 110/120k level summer of 2010.
    PM if want a chat.

honest john

Quote Originally Posted by honest john View Post
    I have a quote from a sound company 81k 15 to 16% return. 7 year pay back. Not much cable etc needed.
    Quotes started in the 110/120k level summer of 2010.
    PM if want a chat.
    Edited after look at the quote. Sorry

Hali Berry

Latest for 50Kw 245w panel SMA Inverters below 70K but with no extended warranties beyond standard.

Andrew Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by Hali Berry View Post
    Latest for 50Kw 245w panel SMA Inverters below 70K but with no extended warranties beyond standard.

Which make of panels/inverter is that for Hali?

Hali Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Kerr View Post
    Which make of panels/inverter is that for Hali?
    Canadian Solar and SMA17000 inverter

walter melon

Quote Originally Posted by Hali Berry View Post
    Thats so cheap I would be worried about it. SMA inverters are fine though. What make are the panels?

Hali Berry

Quote Originally Posted by walter melon View Post
    Thats so cheap I would be worried about it. SMA inverters are fine though. What make are the panels?
    As mentioned canadian solar CS6P

big_phil

is that fitted price?

Hali Berry

Quote Originally Posted by big_phil View Post
    is that fitted price?
    Yes I have done planning application and DNO paperwork

Green Rigger

There are a variety of fitting options available for ground mounting PV. The cheapest I have seen is when a "flat roof solution" is attached to the ground but this can lead to shading issues when the grass grows! If you need a stock-proof fence then make sure the fence posts will not be shading the panels.

Shading is a really critical issue and will drag down the output of all of the cells and panels connected in the same string.

Ideally you should ensure the lowest edge of the panels is at a suitable height above the ground (cutting the grass, grazing for sheep etc...). To achieve this height the framework has to be strong enough to withstand the wind loading of the panels acting as sails, which can be where some of the higher costs come from.

Just make sure that you are going to get a system that meets your land use requirements!

davidw

Last week, George Hughes of Active Renewables told me that because of the drop off in business volume since Dec 12th's cut off for the higher FIT, most suppliers of solar panels have been slashing prices to maintain production volumes. He said that his panel supplier Schott Solar, had already issued two price lists this year, both cutting prices from last years levels.

Looks as though you should be able to negotiate a deal with whichever supplier you decide to go to.

TWIG

we looked at a 50kw system for 140k last summer and didnt end up doing anything about it and i felt like we had missed the boat but this thread has made me think again,
    maybie just az well we waited :lolk:

R Wornham

Based on what has been going on hear. I have got a price for 50Kw of 68K if I did two second would be 65K, Unfortunatly DNO will only let me have 81Kw in total ( I have 2 different supplies for the same site feeding back to the same transformer) so price has been adjusted to 63.6K prehaps not enough of a reduction.
    On a different site I applied To DNO myself, the application went in 13/1/12 acknowledged 17/1/12 agreed 19/1/12. Pre December FIT changes a DNO was applied for by AN other in October never did get a responce. Regards Robert. Looks like we may be going to get on with it now.
    SMA 12000 Inverters Suntech 245w panels

Michael S

Today I was visited by a "gentleman" whose figures look too good to be true apart from the price!

For a 50kW array he wanted approximately 225,000 but claimed I'd get average output of almost 93,000kWh so his payback was still the typical seven years, so he said, but his long term income was greater. When I said to him these figures were all double another quote I'd had he gave me a load of waffle about his panels having mono crystalline cells but I'm not buying it either literally or metaphorically. All the online calculators I can find give 35,000-38,000kWh output for my SW facing 15 degree pitch roof so I presume I'm right to assume at best this supplier hasn't a clue or at worst is a rip off merchant?

Michael

Andrew Kerr

Michael,

Sounds way out, we have been quoted Thin Film panels at just over 90K for 50 KW recently.

veg-boy

we had a quote before the price fall for 140,000 After the price fell the panels dropped to 90,000 although some of that price was due to us putting another bay on the shed. At the reduced rate the payback was just over 7 years so we went ahead at 90k.

Looks like it might go in our favour now as the fits are back up at the orig 43p.

for 225 k We could have the panels plus 2 of those grainstores in the fw 100ft by 60

honest john

Quote Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
    Today I was visited by a "gentleman" whose figures look too good to be true apart from the price!

For a 50kW array he wanted approximately 225,000 but claimed I'd get average output of almost 93,000kWh so his payback was still the typical seven years, so he said, but his long term income was greater. When I said to him these figures were all double another quote I'd had he gave me a load of waffle about his panels having mono crystalline cells but I'm not buying it either literally or metaphorically. All the online calculators I can find give 35,000-38,000kWh output for my SW facing 15 degree pitch roof so I presume I'm right to assume at best this supplier hasn't a clue or at worst is a rip off merchant?

Michael
    Both Michael. My Quote Quotes 45,450 kWh output.
    Panels have about halfed since last summer. But the job is not all panels. Ie Labour/cable/invertors/fixings. In dec jan when companys were loaded with panels in stock and spare labour you could get very sharp deals, ie 75 to 80 k prices have now gone up till march 3rd.
    Any new quotes out. Mine has gone up from jan by 12%.
    JOHN.

R Wornham

Quote Originally Posted by R Wornham View Post
    Based on what has been going on hear. I have got a price for 50Kw of 68K if I did two second would be 65K, Unfortunatly DNO will only let me have 81Kw in total ( I have 2 different supplies for the same site feeding back to the same transformer) so price has been adjusted to 63.6K prehaps not enough of a reduction.
    On a different site I applied To DNO myself, the application went in 13/1/12 acknowledged 17/1/12 agreed 19/1/12. Pre December FIT changes a DNO was applied for by AN other in October never did get a responce. Regards Robert. Looks like we may be going to get on with it now.
    SMA 12000 Inverters Suntech 245w panels
    Supplier has started fitting today 30/1/12 ended up on 1425/Kw no extended warranties Sma 17000 inverters Suntech or Canadian solar 230-245 watt crystalline panels

SPACE COWBOY

Veg boy -Are the fits back up to 43p?

veg-boy

as far as were aware the fits are back up as long as online by 3rd of march. The government has lost 2 court cases but can go to the supreme court. Im not sure if they will or not because a lot of people were put off from comitting to projects compared with if they had kept the fit rates up till april, so they wont be paying so much at the full rate if you see what im trying to say. Any way our framework is going up on the roof and the panels will arrive next week.

Weve done or figures based on 21p and it was fine, so if its higher it will be a nice bonus!

BigAndy

Quote Originally Posted by veg-boy View Post
    as far as were aware the fits are back up as long as online by 3rd of march. The government has lost 2 court cases but can go to the supreme court. Im not sure if they will or not because a lot of people were put off from comitting to projects compared with if they had kept the fit rates up till april, so they wont be paying so much at the full rate if you see what im trying to say. Any way our framework is going up on the roof and the panels will arrive next week.

Weve done or figures based on 21p and it was fine, so if its higher it will be a nice bonus!
    But it isnt 43p on an install that size is it? Thought the 43p was only for 4KW installs 19p for 50KW to 100KW isnt it?

Bull

Hi folks, we just had a quote for a 50kw system @ just shy of 105000.

I haven't got the quote to hand to specify but can do that later, just wonder others opinion on the quote.

Thanks

big_phil

i got a quote at 67,500 tianwei panels german invertors

R Wornham

Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post

I haven't got the quote to hand to specify but can do that later, just wonder others opinion on the quote.

Thanks
    Looks 30% too high from this side of the ditch. Robert

Bull

As I thought, I'll dig out the quote shortly to see what's included exactly.

lwkcroft

I was quoted just short of 90,000 including cable for REC panels the guy was talking about mono and poly panels but to be honest I don't have a clue what the difference is???

veg-boy

sorry i did get it wrong for 10-50kw system the price has gone from 32.9p down to 15.2p then hopefully back up to 32.9p again.

honest john

Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post

Thanks
    If you are going to get it done by 3rd march you dont have much leverage on the price. Come april you will get it done for 75K or less.