Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kit grainstores in the Farmers Weekly

Badshot

Re: Kit grainstores in the Farmers Weekly

Any sheds up yet? Just wondering as they haven't even bothered to call me back

Andrew Kerr

I have seen one in Huntingdon, and it looked ok close up.I guess you need to oversee the job closely at that price though?

Fergieman

http://www.bowielockwood.co.uk/index.php

Its still advertised on the website for £65,000

Fenmassy

Got one on order, delivery in the spring. Seems genuine went and had a look at a few sheds of theirs around the coventry area. We are having the floor put in 8'' thick of concrete and 8'' hardcore as opposed to 6''. Will keep you informed.

Badshot

Quote Originally Posted by Fenmassy View Post
    Got one on order, delivery in the spring. Seems genuine went and had a look at a few sheds of theirs around the coventry area. We are having the floor put in 8'' thick of concrete and 8'' hardcore as opposed to 6''. Will keep you informed.
    Thanks, do you mind me asking how much extra it is for the floor?

Fenmassy

Quote Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
    Thanks, do you mind me asking how much extra it is for the floor?
    For 2'' extra concrete and stone = £3116.00 + vat

Badshot

Thanks.

wooly

Quote Originally Posted by Fenmassy View Post
    Got one on order, delivery in the spring. Will keep you informed.
    Hope you are not relying on it been finished by the 2013 harvest, especially if our experiance is anything to go by!

I have half a BL shed, although I have paid for a whole one. The way they have gone about building ours is shocking and even embarrasses their poor contractors.

Simon Wright
    Wright Farm Partnership

Badshot

Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    Hope you are not relying on it been finished by the 2013 harvest, especially if our experiance is anything to go by!

I have half a BL shed, although I have paid for a whole one. The way they have gone about building ours is shocking and even embarrasses their poor contractors.
    That's the sort of experience I can do without. Had enough trouble with the last lot.

Thanks Wooly

Fergieman

Why did you pay for it all before it was finished?

wooly

Quote Originally Posted by Fergieman View Post
    Why did you pay for it all before it was finished?
    You pay for the shed when it is delivered...................... when 4 lorries deliver the shed you don't get a list of what you are supposed to get and it is not until the erectors get to the end of the build and realise that they haven't enough roof sheets, no doors, ground sockets etc.

They were coming back to finish it after the week-end...............but that was over a month ago.

Simon Wright
    Wright Farm Partnership

Fergieman

Do you have to pay for it in full on delivery?

I would be wanting to keep 25% back till it was finished.

PDR-Draughting

If you want a good, value for money shed with good service then give us a try here.

http://www.twc-buildings.co.uk/

New 3D building tool added this weekend.

Don't forget to drop me a PM if you want me to deal with it direct once you have planned your shed.

PDR

Fenmassy

You pay for the shed when it is delivered...................... when 4 lorries deliver the shed you don't get a list of what you are supposed to get and it is not until the erectors get to the end of the build and realise that they haven't enough roof sheets, no doors, ground sockets etc.

They were coming back to finish it after the week-end...............but that was over a month ago.
    Worried me a little! Looked at the quote for our building, and it says 75% on delivery with the remainder on "practical completion".
    Very interested to know the outcome of your shed.

Archie

Not good. Guess there had to be a catch somewhere at those prices though:cry:

Built five sheds in the past 20 years with four different companies.
    All have been 50% on delivery of steelwork. 25% on cladding and 25% on completion.
    Only dispute we had was with the guys from Wales with the elephant in their ad. Never did finish the job properly themselves so still haven't been paid fully and that was over 15 years ago.

Have found the local guys to be far better to work with than the ones with the big ads in FW etc.

Willscale

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Not good. Guess there had to be a catch somewhere at those prices though:cry:

Built five sheds in the past 20 years with four different companies.
    All have been 50% on delivery of steelwork. 25% on cladding and 25% on completion.
    Only dispute we had was with the guys from Wales with the elephant in their ad. Never did finish the job properly themselves so still haven't been paid fully and that was over 15 years ago.

Have found the local guys to be far better to work with than the ones with the big ads in FW etc.
    Thats what I was thinking. Can't you get a copy of the spec sheet and ask a local trusted to see if he can compete?

BLS

To clear up any confusion as to our integrity, Bowie Lockwood Structures Ltd would like to make the following statement:

In a year where the weather conditions have caused major issues for all involved in the agricultural industry, “Wooly” (or Simon Wright of Wright Farm Partnership to use his full name), has been let down badly by us with the timescale on the delivery of his livestock unit. This is a great disappointment to us and obviously a major frustration to him, and for this we can only apologise.

It is important to realise though that his project is currently incomplete due to these timing delays and not because we have any intention of leaving him with an unfinished building.

We will be returning to site shortly to complete the stone and concreting works, fit the livestock equipment and at the same time the roof sheets which were short on our original delivery.

If anybody has any further concerns about Bowie Lockwood Structures Ltd arising from the content of this thread, then please contact us via private message or the details on our website and we will answer accordingly.

It is our policy not to use public forums as a means of advertising; however we do recognise this as an invaluable tool for sharing of information and ideas and as such accept that some information provided by us may be re-posted. We would ask that if this is the case it is always done responsibly, accurately and within the rules of the British Farming Forum.

Sussex Martin

Looks like you may have a result there then Simon!
    The power of BFF.
    Please keep us up to speed on progress.