Thread: Dead lamb

Dead lamb

Checked sheep this morning and found one nearly dead lamb. I could not survive it. But it was a fat healthy lamb with no signs of anything wrong. Could it be that I had just turned them out onto a grassy field. He was about 3 weeks. Any ideas

Re: Dead lamb

Quote Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
    Checked sheep this morning and found one nearly dead lamb. I could not survive it. But it was a fat healthy lamb with no signs of anything wrong. Could it be that I had just turned them out onto a grassy field. He was about 3 weeks. Any ideas
    Mmmmm could be, did it come straight from "lambing shed" we used to put ours into a big old shed with the "elements " moving through it, to harden the new lambs up, they would b January or December lambs though, might just b the weather, have the lambs had any vaccinations??
    Most probably it's just doing what sheep n lambs do,, it's always the good ones,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Re: Dead lamb

A big healthy lamb it could be a clostridial disease, perhaps the ewes colostrum was a bit lacking and not enough passive immunity passed on.