Thread: Fendt Parts

Fendt Parts

What is a reasonable time to expect parts albeit structural ? I have now been waiting 18 weeks and the predicted delivery is May !

Re: Fendt Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Gelert1 View Post
    What is a reasonable time to expect parts albeit structural ? I have now been waiting 18 weeks and the predicted delivery is May !
    Have to say that hearing of people waiting for slow moving or older parts is becoming more common in the last year or so not been stuck here for anything even though we tend to have older kit than many.

Biggest problem is when you get to something that is for a machine deemed as not current or "obsolete" - not sure if thats where you are with the part your waiting for?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Have to say that hearing of people waiting for slow moving or older parts is becoming more common in the last year or so not been stuck here for anything even though we tend to have older kit than many.

Biggest problem is when you get to something that is for a machine deemed as not current or "obsolete" - not sure if thats where you are with the part your waiting for?
    It is a 2013 Fendt 720 !

Quote Originally Posted by Gelert1 View Post
    It is a 2013 Fendt 720 !

Thats quite surprising for 3yr old. But depending on what the part is your waiting for may effect the turnaround time. If its still a current model then there should be little lag for most parts including more obscure items that normally rarely require replacing bar accidental damage. If its no longer current then you get into the situation where the manufacturer has to get batch runs made of items as stock levels drop- I expect it could be aggravated if the original supplier isn't available for example, but it sounds like you may have grounds to be a bit sore about the delay.

Have you gone beyond your dealer and up AGCO/Fendt's chain of command for your area? Knowing nothing about the part or your dealer and your relationship with them makes it difficult to advise.

The worst scenario is when a dealer feeds a story that supply will be X weeks when in fact they haven't tried a regional search to see who has had said item in the past and if it ended up in stock unsold. Our NH dealer has found "obsolete" TW bits like that at other dealers in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    . . . Our NH dealer has found "obsolete" TW bits like that at other dealers in the past
    and I bet he got them for a song - did he pass any of the "good music" along to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    and I bet he got them for a song - did he pass any of the "good music" along to you?

If it flags up on their system as non-current it usually has extra discount to get it shifted.