Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liquid v solid fert (again) sorry

banana bar

Re: Liquid v solid fert (again) sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Bee View Post
    You don't want to put liquid ammonium sulphate on to frost I would not think that other liquid nitrogen products are any different. You will get scorch.
    Agree you will get scorch, but it will make no difference this early in the season. Flag leaf scorch is when I would be concerned.

BB

MJB

Quote Originally Posted by banana bar View Post
    Agree you will get scorch, but it will make no difference this early in the season. Flag leaf scorch is when I would be concerned.

BB
    Andrew are you running two sprayers these days? If so are they both. Bateman? How many acres of chems and fert do you think one Bateman could cope with?

Matt

banana bar

Quote Originally Posted by MJB View Post
    Andrew are you running two sprayers these days? If so are they both. Bateman? How many acres of chems and fert do you think one Bateman could cope with?

Matt
    Matt,

Yes 2 Batemans at 32m, one 2007 RB35 4000lt and one 2006 RB25 3000lt. 12000ha / machine is achievable without too much hassle. Could prob do 15000ha with full time bowser back up.
    Tried a SAM 4000lt last Autumn, very impressed but have not tried anything else. Thought about Agrifac but had to sit down quickly when I found out how much it was going to cost.

BB

dontknowanything

what about liquid vs solid when applying P & K?

czechmate

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowanything View Post
    what about liquid vs solid when applying P & K?

I don't know

Col

Liquid P and K (solution ferts anyway) can only come with some N in and are a lot weaker, when you consider how concentrated MOP or TSP are anyway. Lot more expensive as well.

Johndeere

Trying to find out if you can spread p & k to 36 metres with a Kuhn axis? This will determine how wide the boom will be on the next sprayer.

mbsrhol

Why dont you spread P & K with gps guidance and then go as wide as you like with the spray booms?

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by mbsrhol View Post
    Why dont you spread P & K with gps guidance and then go as wide as you like with the spray booms?
    i guess he doesn't want 2 sets of tramlines

Johndeere

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    No just one set of tramlines! You could do that onto stubble but it's all down to timeliness

mbsrhol

I guess you should not be on if its going to leave a mark, you've got the best part of 6 months to do the job.

Clive

I guess you should not be on if its going to leave a mark, you've got the best part of 6 months to do the job.
    I can't se the point in having tramlines if your not going to use them

mbsrhol

I can't se the point in having tramlines if your not going to use them
    But they are being used for every other pass, and could be partially used for the P & K pass if it was done at half spray width. I just think it is a shame if the fellow sticks to say 24m just for one fertilizer application. The discussion has a hypothetical element in that P & K could be spread to 36m, that said for one application in the back end you may not justify a fancy spreader.

Tomsewell

Afternoon all. One benefit I can't see mentioned on here is the time wasted waiting for, and unloading lorries with bags. We didn't realise how much of a benefit this would be until we "went liquid"

Now the tanker driver turns up unlocks the tank and pumps it in then clears off, job done!

On banana bar's 10000 m3 that's at least 50 hrs waiting around and unloading lorries not including the inconvenience of fert deliveries that turn up just as you start another job. Now we don't think about it.

No bags to dispose of. Total price to dispose of last seasons plastic waste off 1000acres(all arable) = 25 plus delivery to local recycling plant!

Bumble Bee

This is exactly what we are planning to do next year when we go to 36m.

banana bar

I may be guilty of not fully reading all the posts but P and K will spread to 36m with a good spinner quite easily.

BB