Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C & F 50kw

BigW

Re: C & F 50kw

I hope it goes well for you, pretty envious of you! We had hoped to put one up but gave up on waiting for them to come forward with info so went for 2 20kw machines instead and have been pleased with them so far. I look forward to hearing there progress and seeing some pictures.

RGT

Any new photo's ?

mawleymoos

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    Any new photo's ?
    As soon as I get my wife to help! Hopefully later! It does look good though! Although all our neighbours may not agree! Hopefully will be running on tue! And I will post on here it's output when we get going! Thanks for all your positive comments!

RGT

Whats the finished cost/price after-looks Fab

mawleymoos

Not sure what one would cost today! We negotiated the price long ago! Probably drop in line with the tariffs now though !

RGT

300k then was it?
    Big Figure to foget?

mawleymoos

It was big but not that big! I don't agree with puting private deals on here! it may make me look a fool!

RGT

O there you are then?

Andrew Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by mawleymoos View Post
    It was big but not that big! I don't agree with puting private deals on here! it may make me look a fool!
    What is it about the C+F that swung the deal their way? Just curious.

mawleymoos

Value for money! However it didn't turn out that much better in the long run! however now nervous and also excited to see if it is as good as they makeout!

Enry

Quite right too....nobody else's business. Looks impressive...hope you get just the right amount of wind

RGT

Question Re: C & F 50kw

If its no body's Business why talk about it on a Forum then???

MyriadCEG

Can anyone help me? On the C&F website they say:

“C&F Green Energy launch the CF51 51kW turbine”

Is is 51kW because at 50kW and under it would need MCS? Therefore implying that the turbine has failed it's MCS?

BigW

They are launching a 75kw machine and have it at agriscot next week, maybe a mis print?

RGT

Quote Originally Posted by MyriadCEG View Post
    Can anyone help me? On the C&F website they say:

“C&F Green Energy launch the CF51 51kW turbine”

Is is 51kW because at 50kW and under it would need MCS? Therefore implying that the turbine has failed it's MCS?
    Under 50kw is classes as ''microgeneration'' ?

BadLamber

Hows your machine going to date ?

mawleymoos

Quote Originally Posted by BadLamber View Post
    Hows your machine going to date ?
    A few teething problems and not to much wind:cry: however last fri we put a bigger trip in our power house (160 amp) and yesterday it done almost 1000 kwh however tripped out today ( in c and f's box) twice,at low wind speeds!i don't think I will pester them tomorrow! it does seem to turn at very low wind speeds though! And is very quiet!

BadLamber

A few teething problems and not to much wind:cry: however last fri we put a bigger trip in our power house (160 amp) and yesterday it done almost 1000 kwh however tripped out today ( in c and f's box) twice,at low wind speeds!i don't think I will pester them tomorrow! it does seem to turn at very low wind speeds though! And is very quiet!
    They will hopefully get it all going fine in time. Contrary to what some people on here try to say I find them a very good company to deal with, quite determined to get their machines working properly.

mawleymoos

Quote Originally Posted by BadLamber View Post
    They will hopefully get it all going fine in time. Contrary to what some people on here try to say I find them a very good company to deal with, quite determined to get their machines working properly.
    They have been very good with their backup! And they are doing some fine tuning remotely! We have been struggling with our metering since we put our solar up, so had to restrict the turbine with a 60 amp breaker, which blew with a gust of wind! Now they have had to retune it to the bigger breaker!

martians have land

very interested in c f 50 or 51 ? Does it have accreditation from ofgem i.e. MCS if 50kw or some other registration if now a 51kw and why the change? Are you registered for FITs?

mawleymoos

We did put our fit application in! Just waiting for it to be processed! As far as I know c and f uprated the 50 to 51 just to avoid the accreditation need! We actually uprated ours to a 75 in the end! Due to the price difference and output improvement! It has done 1070 kwh's in 24 hrs today! Just waiting for the fuse's to blow!