Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone got any tips on onland crawler ploughing with a dp1 (pics)

jcb 410

Re: anyone got any tips on onland crawler ploughing with a dp1 (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    The weight on the front lifts off in minutes with a forklift, slightly longer with 3 point linkage on a tractor.. Should be taken off anyway if nothing big to counterbalance it on the back or else you will get unnecessary heavy wear on the front idler.

thats what happend come to think of it,chunks of metal came off the frount idler!!!

RichardJW

Brilliant. I want one. (for my Grandsons you understand)
    bet he'd be chuffed with this little racer too

This was at Welland Steam Fair last year

nick

thats a very nice machine but i shudder to think what it cost to build
    nick......

RichardJW

John, your TM was the 9th 135 made. It will be a 1980 machine or possibly a very early 1981. Obviously modified in 1987 which is when the 155s were introduced. Does yours have a turbo. on it ?

Out of interest what was the difference and evolution between the 100/105 (with ford or perkins engine - thats where my knowledge ends with that product ) and the 120 and then the 135/155.....where the latter a totally new incarnation or beefed up 120?.......and the 100/105 were just reworked TM90s?

I smell a potential Classic Tractor article coming up!

john63

Quote Originally Posted by RichardJW View Post
    Out of interest what was the difference and evolution between the 100/105 (with ford or perkins engine - thats where my knowledge ends with that product ) and the 120 and then the 135/155.....where the latter a totally new incarnation or beefed up 120?.......and the 100/105 were just reworked TM90s?

I smell a potential Classic Tractor article coming up!
    The 90s had a Perkins 6.354 while the 105s had a Ford 6cyl (don't know which model).

I assumed that they must have done something to the gearbox/diff/final drives to uprate them?

Don't know. I always assumed that the original 135s were non-turbo and that they stuck the turbo on after doing the modification and re-badging them 155s.
    AFAIK the 135s and 155s were all 6.354Ts I think. Didn't realise they could get 135hp out of a 6.354 without a turbo.

john63

Maybe a 155 is a 135 that is on steroids as well.
    Yep well that's the impression that I've always got...both have a 6.354T just with different pump adjustments/boost.