Thread: Forefront T spray

Forefront T spray

We got a field sprayed in July 2016 with forefront.I need to cultivate part of field this year to establish a species rich area. Will there be any issue with residuals in the soil?

Re: Forefront T spray

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    We got a field sprayed in July 2016 with forefront.I need to cultivate part of field this year to establish a species rich area. Will there be any issue with residuals in the soil?

Depends on what your meaning by species rich, It's the amino-pyralid which affects the after crop, like root crops/pulses iirc, causing them not to grow. People sometimes underestimate what modern chemicals are capable of doing. Did you know when you sprayed it last July about the current species rich area? Also iirc without looking up a label there's something about 18 months of a withdrawal so may need to wait til next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulscots View Post
    Depends on what your meaning by species rich, It's the amino-pyralid which affects the after crop, like root crops/pulses iirc, causing them not to grow. People sometimes underestimate what modern chemicals are capable of doing. Did you know when you sprayed it last July about the current species rich area? Also iirc without looking up a label there's something about 18 months of a withdrawal so may need to wait til next year.
    We had an issue with cattle getting sun sensitivity in field, so asked for it to be sprayed. This is year one of five year scheme on part of field, so I have to establish this species rich area which includes wild flowers. I tried phoning manufactures, but they don't seem to want to let you speak to a person! I will just have to try and see if anything grows.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    We had an issue with cattle getting sun sensitivity in field, so asked for it to be sprayed. This is year one of five year scheme on part of field, so I have to establish this species rich area which includes wild flowers. I tried phoning manufactures, but they don't seem to want to let you speak to a person! I will just have to try and see if anything grows.
    Never mind the manufacturer, what about the supplier? He/she/they should be Basis qualified and know what is relevant in the circumstances. Btw, what has sun sensitivity got to do with using Forefront T on the field as it is a very expensive spray and can't see how it would help as a sun block? (not picking holes just curious).