Thread: Unusual trialer rim

Unusual trialer rim

I have got a very old muck trailer which needs a new wheel, however, they don't seem to exist anymore! It is a 10.50-16 and it is domed, I was wondering if anyone either had one floating around that they might be happy to sell on or any solution that doesn't require me to replace all 4 wheels?

Re: Unusual trialer rim

Quote Originally Posted by hectorworsley View Post
    I have got a very old muck trailer which needs a new wheel, however, they don't seem to exist anymore! It is a 10.50-16 and it is domed, I was wondering if anyone either had one floating around that they might be happy to sell on or any solution that doesn't require me to replace all 4 wheels?
    You need a bit more info to match up any used wheels you find or if it come to getting a new rim having the right info will help find one online or over the phone.

These links will give you info how to measure the stud PCD dimensions and how to measure the dishes offset in the rim. Armed with your info you should be able to find a replacement - it might not look 100% like the original but as long as it fits like the old one all will be ok.

NB-(your rim will probably be something like "9.00-16" - they are usually narrower than the tyre fitted)

https://www.westerntowing.co.uk/acat...lculation.html

https://www.westerntowing.co.uk/acat...im-offset.html
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: Unusual trialer rim

Quote Originally Posted by hectorworsley View Post
    I assume it's the rim that's rotten/damaged? We had the same problem with an old feed trailer which had oddball wheels
    We ended up cutting the centres out and welding other rims onto them. Obviously that's just a feed trailer, might not be suitable for something that's doing a bit of work