Thread: david brown 990 gear leaver ball broken help

tiptop

david brown 990 gear leaver ball broken help

hi ive got a white and orange david brown 990 i think its got what they cab the q cab on it, its got a gear lever to the right 1,2,3,r and to the left near the floor, low/high/ normal /slow, well ive just lost all gears and ive found the problem part, its the part with the ball on the end that fits on top of the gear box via 4x 13mm bolts this has an arm on that the long gear lever fits on to, well the ball part that move the selectors to change gear has broken off and to get a new part is 157+vat what world are they in, its about 6" long, has a ball on one end and the other has a round bit like a bit of pipe with a pin going through it to hold it onto a shaft anout 1" in dia, any body else know when i can get one from or can it be welded? hope this all makes sence and hope some can help me,

Baker9

Re: david brown 990 gear leaver ball broken help

Breakesr?
    There is one near here that breaks DBs, they advertise in Dealer magazine.
    Phone number is 07746187575.
    There is probably someone much nearer to you than this, but give it a try tomorrow.
    I remember Dad broke one on the 996 which was the non Q cab model and we got a sh one for it.

tiptop

hi thanks for that but time i get it i really need this going again asap, do any body know of any d.b breakes in the uk main land?

andybk

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Barcley Williams will sort you out. 01386-833694 He will post anywhere and it isn't a large part so P&P should be too bad.
    +1
    brilliant old fashioned firm , prices as good as second hand in many cases , long may they prosper .they have kept our fleet going for the last 10 years .

tiptop

hi thanks scooby il give him a try monday, i have welded it and its been working ok alday but il like to change if i can get another one many thanks guys

pycoed

Quote Originally Posted by tiptop View Post
    hi thanks scooby il give him a try monday, i have welded it and its been working ok alday but il like to change if i can get another one many thanks guys
    Same thing happened to me on a series Landrover whilst doing a 9 point turn in a narrow country lane:cry: (fortunately within 100 yds of my garage)
    I welded it & it worked for years until I came to my senses & sold the bloody thing.

tiptop

thanks guys for all your help. would any one know where i could get one of these