Thread: Broadband scam

Broadband scam

We keep getting phone calls from people who claim to be BT offering to increase our broadband speed. They insist on needing access either to a PC or a laptop. Presumably it is in order to gain access to your computer. Very obvious I know but they are very believable.
    Eventually they can get through to some vulnerable people, I know of one old lady who fell for the bank scam, so easily done.
    Jack Caley

Re: Broadband scam

Yes is terrible, it is worth reporting it to BT they have a department who try and shut these down, i actually sometimes have a bit of fun with them and play along like i dont know what i`m doing, at least gives them less time to con the others

Re: Broadband scam

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    Yes is terrible, it is worth reporting it to BT they have a department who try and shut these down, i actually sometimes have a bit of fun with them and play along like i dont know what i`m doing, at least gives them less time to con the others
    On this side of the pond, I have been getting a lot of "robo calls" lately but if you get an actual person on the line, try saying "I really want to talk to you - can you hold for a second?", put the phone down and go about your business until you hear "beep beep beep".

They hate it when you "waste their time"