Thread: Crown gravity separator

REW

Crown gravity separator

Can anyone help me with how to set up the separator. i can manage to get 95% ergot out in 5% screenings but taking out every ergot takes about 40% screenings. The fan is flat out and the shaker is on 6. Any suggestions of how to easily remove this ergot would be gratefully recieved.

Neddy Flanders

Re: Crown gravity separator

Quote Originally Posted by REW View Post
    Can anyone help me with how to set up the separator. i can manage to get 95% ergot out in 5% screenings but taking out every ergot takes about 40% screenings. The fan is flat out and the shaker is on 6. Any suggestions of how to easily remove this ergot would be gratefully recieved.
    Presumably this is Grp 1 wheat sold at a higher premium than the current 8? otherwise it's not worth cleaning as premium is less than 5% of current price assuming the screenings are worth nowt.

You could try a slower intake rate, will obviously take longer.

Hey gates and one or two others have colormetric cleaners which can remove darkl grain (ergot etc) from light wheat?

Andrew Kerr

Have seen people pick off the odd ergot left by hand, to get a reasonable balance between output and screenings

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by REW View Post
    Thats as good as it gets i'm afraid, you can try recirculating the "middle" section via elevator etc back to the feed or run it through again later after resetting the settings.

A dresser which works on hole size only can help if used together.