Thread: Wanted Parmiter 12-14' Mounted Folding Discs

Wanted Parmiter 12-14' Mounted Folding Discs

Looking for Parmiter Folding mounted discs 12-14'. Must be in good condition.
    Tel 07831 464756

Re: Wanted Parmiter 12-14' Mounted Folding Discs

They were known as 12-15 discs because they were 15ft when unfolded. Make sure that the springs to assist folding are all there. I preferred the plain discs all round but there was an option to have scalloped discs on the front but my view was that scalloped discs are half worn out before you use them. You can swap front to back when the fronts become worn so look for that, i.e. are the rear set more worn than the front set. If they are then they've been swapped. The front set always do more work on a set of discs. The 10-12 sets weighed about 1.35 tonnes so a 12-15 set will be heavier than that to start with and when you've got some muck on them they'll hang on a bit. Have a look at the scrapers, are they worn out ? have they been adjusted ?

One problem with tandem discs, as opposed to A-frame discs, is that they can ridge it if you don't keep your eye on things.

Check for bearing wear as well. Changing them isn't the easiest job. Although they are pillow block bearings you still have to take the whole axle apart to change one.

Apologies if I'm preaching to the converted
    Last edited by zaza; 21-05-17 at 10:30 AM.

Ok thanks, good to know.

I have some 10 ft ones in very good condition if they are of any interest!