Thread: Can this type of ford spool valve work with a loader?

JohnBoy

Can this type of ford spool valve work with a loader?

On this type of ford spool valve that bolt down in place on the top cover. is there a port that can be tapped to run a loader off one of these? I want to add a double acting spool to the 4600 for a hydraulic top link and a friend suggested getting one of these valves from a breaker, but didnt know if it would still allow the loader to work.

RichardJW

Re: Can this type of ford spool valve work with a loader?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post

On this type of ford spool valve that bolt down in place on the top cover. is there a port that can be tapped to run a loader off one of these? I want to add a double acting spool to the 4600 for a hydraulic top link and a friend suggested getting one of these valves from a breaker, but didnt know if it would still allow the loader to work.
    have you considered connecting the loader control block in to the ASC/Trailer tipping circuit and return to the back end?

TP

Had forgotten about those,I have seen them used for loaders in the past but that was on something like a 6600 or 7600.The pipes from the loader ran the length of the tractor and you just plugged them out when you needed to tip a trailer etc,there was usually some sort of "extension" on one or both levers to groin height so you could see out the windscreen a bit rather than looking at the binaccle.Ergonomics didn't feature in those days_would anyone dare put the spool lvers under the seat these days:lolk:

axial1680

Yes, I had one on our old 4600, screw one of the screws is to make it single acting. I had a little hook over the lever to stop the detent tripping it off.
    Forgot to mention that I ran it through a 3 valve block. If you were just using it up and down, just use the lever.

JohnBoy

That's what I was thinking, not ideally suited so.

have a three gang spool for the loader alright, will probably do the opposite to TP's option and run an extension back from the third service ports. I'll only have the double acting spool at the back when the grab is off, but it's better than nowt.

would have been the right job if I could have had those two double acting spools, and my loader all working together.

Maybe some day I'll get around to fitting an engine driven pump for the loader only.

some day when I've time

JimF

Is that Ford valve block for sale?
    If so, how much for?

JohnBoy

I got the picture off this page:

http://home.btconnect.com/stephen-ro...tor_spares.htm

they turn up on donedeal in ireland fairly often from exporters who strip them off higher spec machines going abroad.