Hymac 580C 360

As above, are parts still available?

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

Re: Hymac 580C 360

Quote Originally Posted by john maddock View Post
    As above, are parts still available?

JV
    Glad to see you put this in the classic section Don't say you have one right down there? Long way from wales!

I'm sure you have googled so may have found this lot who I have never seen, heard or dealt with- http://www.hymac-parts.co.uk/hymac_excavators.php

Still see a few dotted about but getting very scarce now although there isn't too much on them that isn't available somewhere or bodgeable?

IIRC they used Dowty pumps & motors which may have an equivalent in todays brands, the staffa slew motor might be getting a bit rare but with todays machinery a good seal manufacturer ought to be able to knock up seals for one, like wise the track motor distributor inside the slew ring housing- few seals/orings there, then parts for either the Ford or perkins power units should still about & the electrics were pretty bog standard too.

Think this is a bit out of date now...................................

The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Richard Gould (iirr) at the link FF has posted is very helpful but major parts are surprisingly expensive. What is it you need? I have a bucket that will fit

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Richard Gould (iirr) at the link FF has posted is very helpful but major parts are surprisingly expensive. What is it you need? I have a bucket that will fit
    Thanks to you both. I missed that link FF found, but it's all academic now. The machine was on local Gumtree for AUD4,500 (GBP2594) on Saturday night. I briefly toyed with the idea of making an offer ( I could afford that price ), but realised I didn't have time to repair it if ever it failed. By Sunday morning it was sold & gone from the listing! I was a bit surprised it went for that price, oz there was no obvious supply of parts, but maybe it was a good deal even if it was to be scrapped.

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper