Thread: French Farming

French Farming

Just been down to the Dordogne area to visit a cousin with property there.
    Wonderful pretty area with plenty of livestock around. We were able to visit three markets while we were there with great farmers stalls selling anything from cheese to cherries. Then we drove back up past the Chateauroux area past Paris and the farming areas around Arras and the Somme.
    You have to admire the standard of French farming.
    I really cannot see the French farmers accepting the loss of our market for cheese , wine , grain , meat, you name it.
    For heavens sake why have they made it so difficult for us not to accept Brexit, control our borders, and rule ourselves without paying vast sums of money in to corrupt beaurocrats?
    Jack Caley

Re: French Farming

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Just been down to the Dordogne area to visit a cousin with property there.
    Wonderful pretty area with plenty of livestock around. We were able to visit three markets while we were there with great farmers stalls selling anything from cheese to cherries. Then we drove back up past the Chateauroux area past Paris and the farming areas around Arras and the Somme.
    You have to admire the standard of French farming.
    I really cannot see the French farmers accepting the loss of our market for cheese , wine , grain , meat, you name it.
    For heavens sake why have they made it so difficult for us not to accept Brexit, control our borders, and rule ourselves without paying vast sums of money in to corrupt beaurocrats?
    Jack Caley
    https://www.fginsight.com/news/eu-at...-tariffs-21848
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Reference your lead, this whole thing is doing what I have been frightened of along.
    Initially I blame European politicians who in the first instance did not want to lose the British gravy train, for their fat salaries and reams of grandeur.
    Had they just given the lily livered Cameron proper concessions on borders and benefit tourism, which is what many European country's have not realised anyway, all this would not have happened.
    The whole thing has escalated in to chaos.
    Teresa May responded to the jibe by Sturgeon about being non elected and did the right thing at the time regards brexit.
    Corbyn has very cleverly steered the whole election away from brexit and catered for a nations self pity when a government has to try and balance the books following on from a previous government who did all the things that Corbyn is promising to repeat.
    We are where we are, what do we do?
    Personally I still thing an even harder brexit, just walk away and let them come to us..
    Close the borders , impose tariffs, and let Europe come begging to us.
    it might be a good idea to stop all those Polish , Latvian , and Roumainian lorries fetching stuff up the M20, they were a bloody nuisance.
    A great shame all this has happened, it is great to be able to travel freely in Europe and enjoy the different cultures.
    Jack Caley

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    Definitely not what I want to see!!!
    I really do despair of the ignorance of politicians of all parties, but especially those of the Conservative party. What does John Redwood want for Welsh farmers? Is it 200 HP quad bikes?
    What does Teresa May want? Is it all my farm but 100,000 to give to my kids?
    Did she really think that once winter fuel payments have become so well established, that people would just accept taking it away?
    Jeremy Corbyn ideas are pie in the sky but we thought he would not gain power so they did not matter.
    The only thing with all this is how does Joe Public show them the real truth.
    Farmers have little chance of getting the truth across, as displayed by John Redwood.
    On the one hand he says pay the farmers for environmental and on the other he says we should increase production!!
    I give up,
    Jack Caley