Thread: Case 1255xl hydraulics

Case 1255xl hydraulics

Hi I am trying out a strautmann wagon on my 1255 tomorrow but having trouble getting a constant flow on the hydraulics there is just a feed and return pipe on the wagon and a control box which does all the wagon functions, I have the feed pipe in lower valve no1 and the return dumping straight in where the dipstick would be but every time I move something on the wagon the lever jumps out and can get no function at all when in float position??

Re: Case 1255xl hydraulics

Quote Originally Posted by case015 View Post
    Hi I am trying out a strautmann wagon on my 1255 tomorrow but having trouble getting a constant flow on the hydraulics there is just a feed and return pipe on the wagon and a control box which does all the wagon functions, I have the feed pipe in lower valve no1 and the return dumping straight in where the dipstick would be but every time I move something on the wagon the lever jumps out and can get no function at all when in float position??
    It's an open centre system - when you operate the hydraulics on the wagon it builds hydraulic pressure and kicks the spool into neutral like when a ram comes to the end of its stroke. I don't think the detents can be altered to stop this so you will have to tie the spool lever back in the pumping position when using the wagon hydraulics. This will stop it going into neutral and keep it pumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapples View Post
    Can you tell me Gapples, does this same advice apply to International 956XL (red and cream model with sensodraulic). My 956XL has a free oil return fitted to the bung on the top of the back end. Is this not OK ?.

That's fine a 56 series Robbie, they have a completely different gearbox with its own lube pump.
    The hydraulic system oil is separate from the transmission.

Lovely thanks for that info, do not want to risk transmission damage on my pride and joy, hopefully it works ok with that set up as it does seem a great tractor on the wagon otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by case015 View Post
    Lovely thanks for that info, do not want to risk transmission damage on my pride and joy, hopefully it works ok with that set up as it does seem a great tractor on the wagon otherwise

Your welcome, it would or could be a very expensive mistake 😵
    Not a transmission you want to starve of lubrication !

Quote Originally Posted by Gapples View Post
    That's fine a 56 series Robbie, they have a completely different gearbox with its own lube pump.
    The hydraulic system oil is separate from the transmission.
    Many thanks Gapples. Appreciate the advice as always. Robbie.