Thread: vestas v27

clemdog

vestas v27

HI,

Does anyone know of any of the above turbines that are actually up and running and if so, what are they producing on the sites?

Are any of them making as many kWh at a given windspeed as the manufacturer's output figures at that windspeed?

I get the feeling that maybe outputs may be a lot lower than we have been led to beleive.

We have a site which has been measured @ 7.25 m/s. Even allowing for a degree of realism, say we count it at 6 m/s, is 500000 kWh a realistic figure?

The costs involved in even a second hand turbine are great. And with it being second hand, finance must be paid over a shorter period than a new one, therefore it would be a real shock to find out 2 years into the project that the turbine was only producing a fraction of the power you thought it would!
    Any input appreciated!

Tia

Clem

BOB1

Re: vestas v27

Quote Originally Posted by clemdog View Post
    HI,

Does anyone know of any of the above turbines that are actually up and running and if so, what are they producing on the sites?

Are any of them making as many kWh at a given windspeed as the manufacturer's output figures at that windspeed?

I get the feeling that maybe outputs may be a lot lower than we have been led to beleive.

We have a site which has been measured @ 7.25 m/s. Even allowing for a degree of realism, say we count it at 6 m/s, is 500000 kWh a realistic figure?

The costs involved in even a second hand turbine are great. And with it being second hand, finance must be paid over a shorter period than a new one, therefore it would be a real shock to find out 2 years into the project that the turbine was only producing a fraction of the power you thought it would!
    Any input appreciated!

Tia

Clem
    I have just looked at some power curve info for the V27 7.0M/S 560,243Kw per year

6.0M/s 395,000 KW per year, you should take 10% off these figures for losses.

A lot depends on your actual windspeed not the Database Data, if you had your planning close to being consented the Enercon E33 would give loads better performance than the V27, Enercon will guarantee the powercurve as well!!! Orders have to be in for December 2012.

Farmer Brown

Vestas turbines are pretty ok i think... i have a windfarm near me with vestas machines that have been going ok for the last 15 years..

only thing is that i don't think second hand turbines qualify for FIT's..

Farmer Brown

mid you if you live in N ireland FIT's might not be relevant

BOB1

Vestas Start up speeds can also be quite high sometimes 4 m/s so could be frustrating

z'snotdead

Quote Originally Posted by clemdog View Post
    HI,

Any input appreciated!

Tia

Clem
    is your 7.25m/s an average for the whole year, if so you've nothing to worry about. at a guess should bring in around 150k/year. it must be a great site at over 7m/s