Thread: MXM140 / TM140 slow reacting lift

Question MXM140 / TM140 slow reacting lift

Hi All,

I have a Case MXM 140, same as a TM 140, strange issue that that when you move the dial to lift or lower the rear lift arms it take a few seconds to react (lift or lower), only other thing noteable is that the dash is not showing the arms height any more and wondering is this related and is this ther problem? Any advice would be apperciated as I have never came across this before and local dealership not sure either. If anyone has came across before and knows how to fix would be great.

Thanks everyone

Re: MXM140 / TM140 slow reacting lift

Quote Originally Posted by buzzoka View Post
    Hi All,

I have a Case MXM 140, same as a TM 140, strange issue that that when you move the dial to lift or lower the rear lift arms it take a few seconds to react (lift or lower), only other thing noteable is that the dash is not showing the arms height any more and wondering is this related and is this ther problem? Any advice would be apperciated as I have never came across this before and local dealership not sure either. If anyone has came across before and knows how to fix would be great.

Thanks everyone

Never heard of no height on the dash before. Would of thought its worth recalibrating the lift arms to see if the potentiometers are ok- Turn the ign on, disconnect the plug into potentiometer on the RH lift arm, then reconnect and turn power off to create a recalibrate error code, remove the top pins in the PUH lift rods and lay them down out of the way, start up and orange light should be on, move lift lever fully forwards, beyond the adjustable stop right to the front, then right back to the rear most position which should of "captured" the lift arms and with the lever right fully back allow the arms to get right to the top where you should hear some grunting from the hyds- potentiometers now know the max and min arm heights. Refit PUH lift rods making sure they are not too tight so as to stop the arms reaching the end of their upward travel which could stretch or break one.

After all that, see if the 0-99 comes up on the display- if it doesn't then do you know someone with a similar mode to borrow the hyd panel and even the dash to see if it yours is faulty? If it is then try David King Electronics for repairing it
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......