Thread: New research study - This time its all about tractors!

New research study - This time its all about tractors!

Hi again all, here is the invite for my new study, thanks in advance to all who take part :-)

TRACTORS AND SAFETY!!
    I am a Lecturer within the School of Psychology at theUniversity of Aberdeen with a focus on safety in agriculture research. I would like to invite you to participate ina questionnaire study in this important area investigating your opinions onpotential risks associated with using tractors in a variety of conditions.
    The questionnaire should take no more than 25 minutes to complete and is composedof some questions about your attitude towards safety, and a series of scenariosdescribing using tractors in various circumstances.You will be asked to indicate if you woulduse the tractor in each scenario, and then explain why you would / would notproceed.
    To take part in this study you must be aged over 18 yearsold, resident in the UK and Ireland, and consider farming to be your mainoccupation.
    You can take part by clicking on this link: http://viis.abdn.ac.uk/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=149918076457
    All data will be collected anonymously, so you will not be required to enter your name orlocation at any point.
    Your support of this project would be greatly appreciatedand will help to advance research in this important area.
    If you would like to ask any questions about the projectplease email me: a.irwin@abdn.ac.uk.
    Kind regards, Dr Amy Irwin

Re: New research study - This time its all about tractors!

I am up to 58 responses, thanks very much to all who have responded so far! I am aiming to reach 100 responses, so keep those responses coming!

Tractor safety and farm safety is a big issue and farmers attitudes sometimes are wrong but many times it's down to not having the best or even right equipment or enough help that causes accidents. On a one man farm I don't have the luxury of a day off after being up all night or feeling rough and if the sun is shining a light on in tractor dash that isn't affecting performance or lack of seatbelt probably won't stop work.
    Farm profitability or lack off is the big driving factor in the high rates of serious accidents and is the price we pay for cheap food.

Done.

Will be interested to see your results. Do let us know once everything is finalised!

Thanks very much to all who have completed thus far, I am now at 133 participants and am hoping to make it up to 150 - so please do keep those responses coming :-)

I will share the results as a brief report once all of the data has been collected :-)

Dr Irwin
    Thank you for keeping forum members updated. For forum members who meet the criteria for responding to the survey, PLEASE do so - It is research independent of a specific product or manufacturer or service which gives the truest results.