Thread: MF 135 Rear Whhel Size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MF 135 Rear Whhel Size

Good evening all. I am looking for advise on a MF 135 which I bought over 12 months ago and rebuilt the engine now ready to tackle the cosmetics. However, on the back the tractor has yellow painted wheels and was wondering what size rear wheels should be standard, which leads me to a second question why would a farmer stick digger wheels on the back? Any guidance you can give me will be much appreciated. Many thanks Hugh

Re: MF 135 Rear Whhel Size

Quote Originally Posted by quickrack7 View Post
    Good evening all. I am looking for advise on a MF 135 which I bought over 12 months ago and rebuilt the engine now ready to tackle the cosmetics. However, on the back the tractor has yellow painted wheels and was wondering what size rear wheels should be standard, which leads me to a second question why would a farmer stick digger wheels on the back? Any guidance you can give me will be much appreciated. Many thanks Hugh
    Mine came new with 14.9x24 with cast centres. Soon wore out the tyres, & changed to 16.9x28. Much better life & performance!

JV
    Agtronix - the home of the Weedswiper

12.4xR28 iirc.
    Digger wheels with wider tyres mean wider footprint and lower ground pressure/flotation. Probably has cross ply tyres fitted though so not much flexibility in sidewalls.

Thank you guys, there is a front loader on it too so might of answer why the yellow wheels