Thread: Facts NMP Exam

306neil

Facts NMP Exam

Just done my NMP module online this morning.
    S**t, i though i was well prepared having read through my course notes and high-lighted any pertinant info, numbers & date etc.
    Pressed the keyboard key to start exam, oh my god the first 3 question had me in a flat spin running round my office to find RB209, flicking through pages of nitrogen info. Theres a countdown clock on the screen increasing the pressure..... 3 questions down and only 20 mins left S**t..... the next 5 or 6 question were relitvley easy(ish) Back on track then another couple of stinkers I got down to 4 mins left and 2 questions to go
    Thankfully the last 2 were again easy(ish)
    Results time........

I would not want to take it again, good luck to anyone else taking it in the future.

NB

Re: Facts NMP Exam

Starting FACTS course next week. I have heard it is harder than BASIS. Have you had the Viva yet? or do you need to pass the exam first?

mega2

take note of the training and do not sweat I found after 18 questions in 10 mins time to slow down spent the remaining time checking all answers until timed out result was as hoped for.Do not worry but make sure you know your subject

306neil

Quote Originally Posted by NB View Post
    Starting FACTS course next week. I have heard it is harder than BASIS. Have you had the Viva yet? or do you need to pass the exam first?
    Haven't done the BASIS, just did my original FACTS about 10yrs ago (i think) It was very intense but if you revise properly it will be ok. as for trhe Viva, that was a bit more tense, trying to explain you thoughs and rational to a 3 man panel

i have just had to do the MNP modules to keep my FACTS current. I dont think i want to do any higher level of qualifications just yet !!

TAG Direct

Quote Originally Posted by NB View Post
    As said, this is a top-up for those already FACTS qualified. Still needs a couple of days training though (did you do it without this, Neil?)

FACTS course (original) is harder than BASIS used to be, but I imagine BASIS is a lot harder these days.