Thread: Can't send videos

Can't send videos

Could some of you folk out there help with a pc problem I have?
    I was transferring some videos to dropbox and I partly succeeded, the problem being I cannot download other videos and sending a picture seems to take an age if at all, and I get 'this action can't be performed while attachments or inline images are being added or removed' up on the screen, it seems to be doing it's own thing ie adding or removing images, but I don't see any evidence of that.

Re: Can't send videos

Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post
    Could some of you folk out there help with a pc problem I have?
    I was transferring some videos to dropbox and I partly succeeded, the problem being I cannot download other videos and sending a picture seems to take an age if at all, and I get 'this action can't be performed while attachments or inline images are being added or removed' up on the screen, it seems to be doing it's own thing ie adding or removing images, but I don't see any evidence of that.
    How much of your allowance have you used?

What size are the videos- are they HD and what internet do you have? If you have uploaded several on a slow connection it could just be struggling to upload the files?

Might seem daft but you could always power down your laptop/PC and re-start it, then see what its doing?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Thank you for your reply Fotsfitter.
    Firstly I am unlimited broadband use, speed 11Mb-17Mb and minimum guaranteed speed of 9Mb. I have already powered down the pc but to no avail, actually I left it on all night to load a video and it was still at it next day! Would there be such a thing as it embedding all my images? My images are from a Canon SX520 bridge camera, ideally I think they should be compressed for ease of loading, but I never had any trouble before this.

Thank you for your reply Fotsfitter.
    Firstly I am unlimited broadband use, speed 11Mb-17Mb and minimum guaranteed speed of 9Mb. I have already powered down the pc but to no avail, actually I left it on all night to load a video and it was still at it next day! Would there be such a thing as it embedding all my images? My images are from a Canon SX520 bridge camera, ideally I think they should be compressed for ease of loading, but I never had any trouble before this.
    Have you run a speedtest?

try this site - http://www.speedtest.net/

Usually if your on that download speed your upload will be the bog standard 512kb which is painfully slow for big files. Here Sky restricts fibre to 36mbs down and 9.5 up - much faster to do what you are trying

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Have you run a speedtest?

try this site - http://www.speedtest.net/

Usually if your on that download speed your upload will be the bog standard 512kb which is painfully slow for big files. Here Sky restricts fibre to 36mbs down and 9.5 up - much faster to do what you are trying
    Just done the test Download:16.86 Upload:0.98. Therein may lie the problem ? I am with BT, don't honestly know if any of the others are any better, maybe like the curates' egg, good in places!

Just done the test Download:16.86 Upload:0.98. Therein may lie the problem ? I am with BT, don't honestly know if any of the others are any better, maybe like the curates' egg, good in places!
    Boss ladys farmhouse has BT fibre after years of being dial-up speed- same thing sort of 10 down and 1/2 up which is fine if your looking at stuff but when you want to do your type of thing it become so slow.

put your details in here and see what your exchange is capable of, often its what your paying that might be giving you the poor upload, not always but it can sometimes

https://availability.samknows.com/br...adband_checker

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Boss ladys farmhouse has BT fibre after years of being dial-up speed- same thing sort of 10 down and 1/2 up which is fine if your looking at stuff but when you want to do your type of thing it become so slow.

put your details in here and see what your exchange is capable of, often its what your paying that might be giving you the poor upload, not always but it can sometimes

https://availability.samknows.com/br...adband_checker
    It seems like I am ADSL Max, ADSL 2+ and I should have up to 2Mbps available and as the cable goes, about 3 miles from the exchange.

It seems like I am ADSL Max, ADSL 2+ and I should have up to 2Mbps available and as the cable goes, about 3 miles from the exchange.
    Check on the price comparison websites to see what you are offered, pay attention to both speeds and the price/usage limits. If your near or out of contract you may even find a better deal all round?