Thread: Uptake of Drones by UK Farmers - a study

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Uptake of Drones by UK Farmers - a study

I am a postgraduate student at the Royal Agricultural University researching the uptake of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) (or drones) and the barriers and drivers of that uptake by UK farmers.

I would like to invite you to participate in my survey which investigates attitudes towards UAS/drone technology. Responses from farmers not using UAS/drones are as important as those that are. This includes if you think the technology is not applicable to your farm type. Participants should be farmers from the UK.

The survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete and is composed mostly of multiple choice, single answer questions.

Link to survey: https://rau.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/upta...nes_uk_farmers

The survey is anonymous.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Re: Uptake of Drones by UK Farmers - a study

Completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Gyles View Post
    Completed.
    Thank you Farmer Gyles.

Still need loads more surveys completed please!!

A little background to my interest in the topic.

Analysts predict a strong future for drones, one set of figures published in 2016 forecast the drone market being worth £7.5billion by 2022. The same article values agricultural drones at £365 million by 2026 and states that 18% of UK agricultural businesses have utilised drone technology already.

My study aims to determine current utilisation of drones and what it is about drone technology and UK farmersí attitudes towards them that mean we do or do not achieve the Analystsí forecasts.

Thanks
    DDrones

Thank you Farmer Gyles.

Still need loads more surveys completed please!!

A little background to my interest in the topic.
    Analysts predict a strong future for drones, one set of figures published in 2016 forecast the drone market being worth £7.5billion by 2022. The same article values agricultural drones at £365 million by 2026 and states that 18% of UK agricultural businesses have utilised drone technology already. My study aims to determine current utilisation of drones and what it is about drone technology and UK farmersí attitudes towards them that mean we do or do not achieve the Analystsí forecasts.

Thank you
    DDrones

Survey link: https://rau.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/upta...nes_uk_farmers

I think that's a very fanciful claim considering the low payload they can carry, at least on UK farms.
    It's more of a passing fad which will eventually have a few niche applications.
    Not to say owning one isn't fun and occasionally useful to check stock or something.

Big thanks to those among you who have competed my survey, up to 53 surveys completed now.

Still looking for some more completed surveys before it closes in a little over a week.
    So if the combine isn't rolling and you've got some spare time, please complete my survey!

Thanks DDrones

Many thanks to those of you who have completed the survey.

Last push now! Closes tomorrow and I am still a little short of the 80 responses I am hoping for.
    So if you're in early because of the rain and the telly is not doing it for you, the link is below one more time...........

Big thank you to all.

Link to survey: Uptake of Drones by UK Farmers

Quote Originally Posted by DDrones View Post
    I am a postgraduate student at the Royal Agricultural University researching the uptake of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) (or drones) and the barriers and drivers of that uptake by UK farmers.

I would like to invite you to participate in my survey which investigates attitudes towards UAS/drone technology. Responses from farmers not using UAS/drones are as important as those that are. This includes if you think the technology is not applicable to your farm type. Participants should be farmers from the UK.

The survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete and is composed mostly of multiple choice, single answer questions.

Link to survey: https://rau.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/upta...nes_uk_farmers

The survey is anonymous.

Your support is greatly appreciated.
    Are you able to share the results? Are farmers making use of them?

Went to take your survey, but was "closed".