Thread: 8340 sle gearbox problem

8340 sle gearbox problem

Hello! On our farm we have a blue lady. A Ford 8340 SLE from 1992. In May my father was using her for the sprayer. And when he press the clutch pedal it stops and begin to flash cp the instrument. We have change some parts (sensor to clutch) and test whit another computer box. No success.. Gearbox has been renovated several times so the clutches are good. I think the pressure is lost. Can it be a solenoid inside ho is broken? The tractor is now standing still at the farm. We might sell it to scrap yard. But if we can fix it fore our selfs we gonna use it again. Is there anyone who knows these tractors in England?
    Daniel from Sweden.

Re: 8340 sle gearbox problem

I suppose it could be any number of electrical glitches (problems). Perhaps Foots Fitter may have some ideas?

Re: 8340 sle gearbox problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Farmer78 View Post
    Hello! On our farm we have a blue lady. A Ford 8340 SLE from 1992. In May my father was using her for the sprayer. And when he press the clutch pedal it stops and begin to flash cp the instrument. We have change some parts (sensor to clutch) and test whit another computer box. No success.. Gearbox has been renovated several times so the clutches are good. I think the pressure is lost. Can it be a solenoid inside ho is broken? The tractor is now standing still at the farm. We might sell it to scrap yard. But if we can fix it fore our selfs we gonna use it again. Is there anyone who knows these tractors in England?
    Daniel from Sweden.
    Have you come across Rassiel's 40 series thread- http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/sho...LE-help-thread

Lots of info about all things 40 series.

Its a long time since they were here but cp makes me wonder if there is a simple switch fault on the clutch pedal? I'd go for something on the outside as your reference to "solenoid inside" points to a pre mod-quad where they were inside and a sod to access until they moved them out of the cover later on. Isn't there two switches on the pedal? an on/off one on the top and a potentiometer type on the side?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......