Thread: !!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY NEW CLICK EXTRA !!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry !!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY NEW CLICK EXTRA !!!!!!!!!

I bought 2 bottles of click extra at the start of June and by august I had ewes and lambs with fly strikes. This new product was maent to have 19 weeks protection but in less than 8 weeks I started getting big trouble. I spoke to Elanco animal health department and all they could tell me is I must have applied it wrong (which pissed me off after having sheep for a long time and never having problems with any other products in the past) and they would not help me any further which I was shocked by considering how much the stuff costs, since that I have had to go and treat over 300 ewes and lambs which is a big loss considering it was meant to be 19 week protection.
    so please if you have applied it like I did keep a very close eye on them because CLICK EXTRA DOES NOT WORK FOR 19 WEEKS !!!!!!!!!

Re: !!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY NEW CLICK EXTRA !!!!!!!!!

Someone was posting on another forum that their sheep were getting flystrike with Clik after 10 weeks this year. There are an awful lot of flies about with everywhere being so warm and humid. I am considering clipping my February born lambs that are flock replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Someone was posting on another forum that their sheep were getting flystrike with Clik after 10 weeks this year. There are an awful lot of flies about with everywhere being so warm and humid. I am considering clipping my February born lambs that are flock replacements.
    yeh I no people in the area having the same problem with this new click extra, normal I use ectofly every 6 weeks and never had any trouble but with them saying it has a 19week protection thought id give it ago but in less than 8 weeks the fly strikes started, so certainly won't last 19 weeks at all

I have the impression that ClikZin has not been effective on my lambs for more than about 7 weeks, this season. Usually good for 8 weeks. Comments?

Loads of excuses from the manufacturers, "a plaster for every sore." "The weather has been too dry for it to last" or " The weather has been too wet." We've dipped everything this year (first time for years) and it's been great to not have to keep an eye out for maggots not to mention it being a fraction of the cost. It's a shame the "squirt ons" are not lasting as advertised because they are so convenient to use and shorter withdrawal periods but I think we'll be back to dipping from now on.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

I suspect the warm start to summer meant numbers of flies were more challenging than usual this year.
    The supposed protection time is clearly exaggerated though, may as well buy alternative with shorter protection and shorter withdrawal, e.g Crovect.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Milton View Post
    I have the impression that ClikZin has not been effective on my lambs for more than about 7 weeks, this season. Usually good for 8 weeks. Comments?
    More than 7weeks this year, usually 8 weeks not a lot of difference there?