Thread: Got it ! !

Courier

Got it ! !

Just got Grant of Planning Permission for 2 x 250 (275) kw Vergnet turbines.

Now the fun starts.

BOB1

Re: Got it ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Courier View Post

Now the fun starts.
    Well done and good luck with the rest of the project. It can be a rollercoaster of a ride.

Did it go to committee?

Courier

Quote Originally Posted by BOB1 View Post
    Well done and good luck with the rest of the project. It can be a rollercoaster of a ride.

Did it go to committee?
    Nope - delegated powers.

BOB1

Do you hope to have them up by October? How will you come on with regard to keeping below the 500KW Tarriff banding?

BOB1

Fifer

Now the fun starts.
    Congratulations - I know the work in getting planning for a 10 Kw so can guess what you have been through - good luck!

Lodestar

Congratulations, plannings usually the biggest hurdle to get though.

You lucked out with the delegated powers, it's sadly common for commitees to have zero reason.

Ours is going to committee due to getting more than 2 objections. The complaints being from our neighbour, his secretary, and a "person who is looking to buy a house in the area" (if you believe that you'll believe anything).

How long till they start going up?

Courier

We had nine objectors, seven of whom used the instant email tick box comment system on the planning website, two who wrote letters and one who did both.

Most of the objection reasoning was quite laughable really.

"Loss of light" from 3km way due east.

"If it falls over it will land on my house" from 360 metres due east. The hub height is 55 metres and blade radius is 16 metres.

" My husband suffers from sleep depravation ( yes, that is how she spelt it ) " from someone who has a back garden cockerel !!! but has just been refused PP on a major extension which they have already started building

" Loss of agricultural land" currently being used as painball site

The site is about 700 metres away from the main Leeds - London electified train line.

The lady 3 km away was the letter only writer, but i think that the heat was taken off us somewhat when a plant sales / hire operator who has bought some land around her house put in for PP for a "MASSIVE" 1500 fattening pig unit in 3 strawed sheds. That application has got 65 objections so far.

Courier

Quote Originally Posted by BOB1 View Post
    Yes we do know about that and all the possible financial safeguards will be in place before irrevocable commitment is made, however it is only about a profits warning and even Tesco has had one of those recently.

honest john

Now the fun starts.
    Hi.
    What would the distance to a residence be for that size of turbine? please.
    JOHN.

Courier

Quote Originally Posted by honest john View Post
    Hi.
    What would the distance to a residence be for that size of turbine? please.
    JOHN.
    Absolute minimum 320 metres but ours is at 360 metres.

BigAndy

We had nine objectors, seven of whom used the instant email tick box comment system on the planning website, two who wrote letters and one who did both.

Most of the objection reasoning was quite laughable really.

"Loss of light" from 3km way due east.

"If it falls over it will land on my house" from 360 metres due east. The hub height is 55 metres and blade radius is 16 metres.

" My husband suffers from sleep depravation ( yes, that is how she spelt it ) " from someone who has a back garden cockerel !!! but has just been refused PP on a major extension which they have already started building

" Loss of agricultural land" currently being used as painball site

The site is about 700 metres away from the main Leeds - London electified train line.

The lady 3 km away was the letter only writer, but i think that the heat was taken off us somewhat when a plant sales / hire operator who has bought some land around her house put in for PP for a "MASSIVE" 1500 fattening pig unit in 3 strawed sheds. That application has got 65 objections so far.
    Bloody hell you did well with delegated powers for nine objections, thought it had to go to committee with any and at least more than 2.
    Good luck and keep us informed.