Thread: Lister 2 speed advice..

Lister 2 speed advice..

Bought an old lister 2 speed, works good, could just do with abit of a hint as to what's what considering there's no diagram etc..

2 speed.. so which set of cogs is the faster top set or bottom set, they both seem to be driving at same speed by eye when I swap the belt over..

Flexi drive looks in good nick, but I must say it's literally packed with grease, I thought they were just meant to be oiled rather than greased?

Anything else I should be looking at to know where in tip top, when it's on it so quiet, not used to such quiet after a motored handpiece.

Re: Lister 2 speed advice..

Large pulley on the motor side and small one on the flex side for fast speed. I think that on my old two speed the belt is on the bottom pulleys. Grease will cause drag on the gut running through the flex. You're correct to say they should just be well oiled. Those old machines were pretty bomb proof. My father bought one each for my brother and me when we were 14 and 15 years old (1977) and they are still used for cattle trimming and tailing sheep.
    Do you have anyone near to sharpen tack?
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    Large pulley on the motor side and small one on the flex side for fast speed. I think that on my old two speed the belt is on the bottom pulleys. Grease will cause drag on the gut running through the flex. You're correct to say they should just be well oiled. Those old machines were pretty bomb proof. My father bought one each for my brother and me when we were 14 and 15 years old (1977) and they are still used for cattle trimming and tailing sheep.
    Do you have anyone near to sharpen tack?
    WR!
    Are you after some one to sharpen blades n combs for you?? There's a firm here in Somerset who do stuff by post, the wife uses them for her horse clipping stuff, they do lots of shearing gear
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    WR!
    Are you after some one to sharpen blades n combs for you?? There's a firm here in Somerset who do stuff by post, the wife uses them for her horse clipping stuff, they do lots of shearing gear
    No thanks Vern. Got my own grinder. I was just thinking that the OP will need someone.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    No thanks Vern. Got my own grinder. I was just thinking that the OP will need someone.
    No worries
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster