Thread: Sheep Abortion vaccine prices?

Sheep Abortion vaccine prices?

As title, can prices vary- had price off my own vet just wondering whether worth looking around?

Re: Sheep Abortion vaccine prices?

I buy many things from online pharmacies. This is one I have used and found good. http://www.farmacy.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    I buy many things from online pharmacies. This is one I have used and found good. http://www.farmacy.co.uk/
    Do you buy many POM's from them and is your vet happy enough to supply the script? Are they interested in price matching the online supplier to retain your custom?

The vets do not try price matching, neither do the local agricultural store - Endofluke was half the price on line and that was after asking the local store for a reduction in price as the stuff on the shelf had less than a month left on it. The vets will give a script, not always happily - it depends on which of the practice is dealing with me and the younger vets will charge for doing so. The two old vets have no quibbles as they know how tight money can be for livestock farmers. Scripts are most expensive if asked for over the counter, usually repeats. Again the old vets will dish out ones that will cover 3 months for regularly used stuff, the young vets will only hand out ones that are either single use or cover a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    The vets do not try price matching, neither do the local agricultural store - Endofluke was half the price on line and that was after asking the local store for a reduction in price as the stuff on the shelf had less than a month left on it. The vets will give a script, not always happily - it depends on which of the practice is dealing with me and the younger vets will charge for doing so. The two old vets have no quibbles as they know how tight money can be for livestock farmers. Scripts are most expensive if asked for over the counter, usually repeats. Again the old vets will dish out ones that will cover 3 months for regularly used stuff, the young vets will only hand out ones that are either single use or cover a month.
    OK, thanks for that, haven't used that type of service before and not likely to in forseeable future with no animams to take sick but was curious.