Thread: Hydraulics Question

Hydraulics Question

Hello,
    I have an IH B275 1961 I want to use a log splitter which has two hoses, one eed one return. The IH only seems to have a feed, that I assume bleeds back the way it came.

It's been suggested that I could simply fit a return to the filler and this would solve the issue. Is this correct?

Val.

Re: Hydraulics Question

Quote Originally Posted by Val. h View Post
    Hello,
    I have an IH B275 1961 I want to use a log splitter which has two hoses, one eed one return. The IH only seems to have a feed, that I assume bleeds back the way it came.

It's been suggested that I could simply fit a return to the filler and this would solve the issue. Is this correct?

Val.
    Yep but with constant use it will froth the oil, best if the return is below the oil level.

Re: Hydraulics Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Yep but with constant use it will froth the oil, best if the return is below the oil level.

Thanks for that. This confirms suggestion from my local blacksmith/aggri engineer . Sourcing a fitting that takes a tube small enough to fit in the filler and big enough to allow unrestricted flow might be a challenge. Is there a minimum size for the return tube?

If I can help it I'd rather not have to take it apart to fit a new return union. However if this becomes necessary, where is the best place to fit one?

Val.