Thread: Three Point Hitch Lower Link Hook Spring Spacer?

Three Point Hitch Lower Link Hook Spring Spacer?

I'm from the USA and three point lower link hooks are not used on the tractors. From what I observed is they make good sense so I ordered a kit to try on my tractor. In the kit came a "spring spacer" what exactly is its use and where is it installed?

Thanks in advance...

Mike

Re: Three Point Hitch Lower Link Hook Spring Spacer?

I'm guessing that it fits horizontally between the link arms to give a preadjusted width so you can back up to an implement and simply hook on without leaving the seat.Should be able to drop the top link on too,providing it also has a hook end and a rope attached to work the locking catch. Although if it's a powered machine you'd still need to fit the pto shaft and I would think the spring spacer would obstruct it!

Re: Three Point Hitch Lower Link Hook Spring Spacer?

Quote Originally Posted by agrimax View Post
    I'm guessing that it fits horizontally between the link arms to give a preadjusted width so you can back up to an implement and simply hook on without leaving the seat.Should be able to drop the top link on too,providing it also has a hook end and a rope attached to work the locking catch. Although if it's a powered machine you'd still need to fit the pto shaft and I would think the spring spacer would obstruct it!
    Thank you!

That's what I was thinking but didn't know for sure. I don't think I'll use it but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that had a use and would make my life so much easier.