Thread: Case 895 4wd.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Case 895 4wd.

Hi just wondered if anyone can help me.My 4wd stopped working i have found that for some reason the wires on the back of the switch are no longer connected,the wires do not have as I would have thought be into a push on block instead they all have individual spade connectors.As I do not have a workshop manual iam unsure as to which wire goes where if anyone can help please

Re: Case 895 4wd.

I am not entirely certain but 4wd is selected by default if there is not hydraulic pressure at the 4wd clutch pack. I will have a look at mine when I can and see if the switching the key has an effect on 4wd. If I can pull out the switch without breaking it i will.

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Yes should be in permanent 4wd when no electric, possibly that has chewed the splines off the couplers on the driveshaft.

Tried mine today and 4wd would not select with the ignition off.

Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    Yes should be in permanent 4wd when no electric, possibly that has chewed the splines off the couplers on the driveshaft.
    They're really good at that and chewing splines off driveshaft too. I'm on 3rd driveshaft and used countless couplers

Quote Originally Posted by grassmanman View Post
    They're really good at that and chewing splines off driveshaft too. I'm on 3rd driveshaft and used countless couplers
    Just check your front axle pivot isn't badly worn as it can put the shaft etc out of line when in 4wd as the axle rotates - which can be the root cause of those type of problems.

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

To be honest they are a pretty poor machine in my opinion but if you've already got one that doesn't help much.