Results 1 to 30 of 126

Thread: Brexit, yes or no?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    645

    Brexit, yes or no?

    The way things are going we seem to be going backwards on Brexit.
    What does everyone think?

  2. #2
    Senior Member skoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ruthin ,Denbighshire,N Wales
    Posts
    1,063

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Seem's just like any Divorce settlement , reaching a quick agreement needs both sides to say yes. Clearly those German business sorts who want to flog us BMW`s are so far not helping us.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    838

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    What does everyone think?
    I think the Brexiteers have finally had a reality check.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    powys
    Posts
    36

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Looks like Theresa blinked first.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    491

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    you have to remember that Germany, the power behind the EU, just had an election . . . .

  6. #6
    Senior Member skoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ruthin ,Denbighshire,N Wales
    Posts
    1,063

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    you have to remember that Germany, the power behind the EU, just had an election . . . .
    And the UK leaving the EU was barely an issue in that election.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    645

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    I think the Brexiteers have finally had a reality check.
    Sorry I do not agree with you.
    I think it is the remoaners who have been completely hoodwinked.
    I have friends in France who sincerely believe that Brexit was a mistake because the EU has prevented another war.
    For the EU politicians Brexit was not about high ideals and European unity.
    Nothhing of the sort, for them it is about MONEY!
    Withhout that 350 million who pays for two parliaments, god knows how many commissioners, officials, not to mention 700 odd MSP,s we don t need because we have 600 of own!
    In any case British people voted on an immigragation and benefits issue.
    What we ought to do is pull out of the single market and customs union immediately.
    They will soon come running to us!
    We had a common market anyway thirty odd years ago when I started passing through border customs all over Europe.
    Jack Caley

  8. #8
    Senior Member skoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ruthin ,Denbighshire,N Wales
    Posts
    1,063

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Sorry I do not agree with you.
    I think it is the remoaners who have been completely hoodwinked.
    I have friends in France who sincerely believe that Brexit was a mistake because the EU has prevented another war.
    For the EU politicians Brexit was not about high ideals and European unity.
    Nothhing of the sort, for them it is about MONEY!
    Withhout that 350 million who pays for two parliaments, god knows how many commissioners, officials, not to mention 700 odd MSP,s we don t need because we have 600 of own!
    In any case British people voted on an immigragation and benefits issue.
    What we ought to do is pull out of the single market and customs union immediately.
    They will soon come running to us!
    We had a common market anyway thirty odd years ago when I started passing through border customs all over Europe.
    Jack Caley
    If there is no agreement , and its more likely there will not be one with 27 countries having to agree ,then we will fall out of the single market and then the truth will be clear to everyone.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    645

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    If there is no agreement , and its more likely there will not be one with 27 countries having to agree ,then we will fall out of the single market and then the truth will be clear to everyone.
    The other day I saw a piece in some newspaper or other that said we would lose about half a million jobs but Europe would lose a million!
    All this ridiculous scaremongering, I know one thing the Caravaggis we deal with in Italy will still have our business, the French will still want our lamb, and so on.
    It is as though the world is coming to an abrupt end!
    Jack Caley

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northumbrialand
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    The other day I saw a piece in some newspaper or other that said we would lose about half a million jobs but Europe would lose a million!
    All this ridiculous scaremongering, I know one thing the Caravaggis we deal with in Italy will still have our business, the French will still want our lamb, and so on.
    It is as though the world is coming to an abrupt end!
    Jack Caley
    Yep no problem.....
    until......
    News today that The good old US of A has decided to impose a 220% import tax on any plane imported into the US of A from Bombardier in Ulster.
    Try selling Caravaggio mills with a 220% import duty levied!
    Much the same as a very populist policy (in the eyes of embattled French politicians) of imposing an import levy on imported lamb from the UK to France.
    No matter how much you would like to do it, financially it will be impossible.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    838

    Re: Brexit, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Sorry I do not agree with you.
    You don't need to, just open your eyes. Even the most rabid brexiteers in the cabinet have now acknowledged the need for a transition period.

    Does that not tell you something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •