Thread: John Deere 6630 oil frothing

John Deere 6630 oil frothing

Hi, I've have just bought an 57reg 6630 premium, power quad.
    Drove home 5hrs and went great! Started yesterday and back end oil frothing! Run for 10 mins and oil in site glass white/ full of air. Pressure in back end high enough that air hissing out hand brake shaft seal! Oil goes back to clear after an hours sitting. Ran for 5mins today at 1200rpm same thing, left cap slack so no pressure but oil still frothed!
    Had all filters done, oil not changed before I got it. Also when started oil disappears off site glass! Guess normal! Comes back up to marks when stopped.
    I would appreciate any help or thoughts, Thanks Ross.

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Re: John Deere 6630 oil frothing

Seeing as the filter were changed recently I would inspect the sealing surface of them first especially anything that's a suction filter as it could be as simple as the seal not being lubricated prior to fitting and having set with a twist in it. Some models of Deere have a long internal gauze inserted across the backend below the diff but I don't know if your model does, if so was it inspected / cleaned? Look for any potentially cracked or slack hoses or fittings around suction filters. If none of that indicates the cause consider the likes of a faulty vacuum switch on suction filter that the diaphragm might have failed on and be letting air suck in. Temporarily bung any suspicious ones or smother them or any other potential leak in a good dollop of thick grease to see if that helps. I've seen a faulty vacuum switch on a suction filter give those symptoms before but really it could be air getting in anywhere on the suction side_ are the filters genuine not just something that had the right threads? Just some easy things to try.

Re: John Deere 6630 oil frothing

Thanks for replying. Been at it a few times today. Been fitted with pattern part filters. Think I will get John Deere ones and fit, cheek seals etc. Doubt strainer, gauze under diff been done. Was told by John Deere today there is a breather/filter in behind valve block but can't find it. Believe this is main back end breather. Though oil filler cap should breath but doesn't seem to? Though not sure if it needs a certain pressure. Must be drawing air somewhere oil froths when only started on idle for 30secs! Even with filler cap off so no pressure build up. It did come up on the screen "stuck switch a couple of times when starting" dealer said mud guard pto buttons guilty of this, but I'm wondering if switch on suction side like you suggestion?
    Thanks again just have to work through systems.
    cheers Ross.