Thread: Ford TW Lift problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ford TW Lift problem

I recently changed seals to fix a leak in the valve blocks for the 2 spool valves on a tw15 Q cab 1984, when the job was done and i was using the hydraulics to see if the leaks had been stopped i realized the leaks had been stopped alright but when i pull the lift leaver it only starts to rise half way up the travel and when you try to adjust the height using half the travel it is very sensitive and moves more than you want.
    I checked the basics like oil level and tats ok does the 3 point lift need to be set from somewhere?

any sugestions?

Re: Ford TW Lift problem

Quote Originally Posted by agriman View Post
    I recently changed seals to fix a leak in the valve blocks for the 2 spool valves on a tw15 Q cab 1984, when the job was done and i was using the hydraulics to see if the leaks had been stopped i realized the leaks had been stopped alright but when i pull the lift leaver it only starts to rise half way up the travel and when you try to adjust the height using half the travel it is very sensitive and moves more than you want.
    I checked the basics like oil level and tats ok does the 3 point lift need to be set from somewhere?

any sugestions?
    Check where the rod connects to the top cover via a shaft with a cross piece made of thin steel strip- item 39 sometimes one of the legs of the + snaps or known a bolt to come loose 1/4unc iirc?

Capture.jpg
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......