Thread: Valve block

Valve block

Im in the process of changeing over the controls on my hedge cutter from cables to servo controls . I got myself a servo valve block its from a bobcat mini digger . I dont know what machine it came from . Iv the servo joystick and all other bits and pieces to do the job . My question is . Theres 2 ports eatch end of the block I'm wondering if there is 2 feeds and 2 returns on this block ?

How do i post pics ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Valve block

Quote Originally Posted by sniper200 View Post
    Im in the process of changeing over the controls on my hedge cutter from cables to servo controls . I got myself a servo valve block its from a bobcat mini digger . I dont know what machine it came from . Iv the servo joystick and all other bits and pieces to do the job . My question is . Theres 2 ports eatch end of the block I'm wondering if there is 2 feeds and 2 returns on this block ?

How do i post pics ??
    1st bit of your post I'll leave till later- bit tied up at the moment.

Pictures, best way is to sign up for an account with Postimage - http://postimages.org/ its free and then you will be able to make folders etc as you progress. Once you have uploaded your images you can get the links for them as either full size or thumbnails - use the "for forums option" and you should only have to post the link straight into here.

Might seem a bit daunting at first but its not too difficult. One tip is if you have some form of image resizer its best to do that before you upload - will save you time and the images are quicker to load for those on slow internet.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    1st bit of your post I'll leave till later- bit tied up at the moment.

Pictures, best way is to sign up for an account with Postimage - http://postimages.org/ its free and then you will be able to make folders etc as you progress. Once you have uploaded your images you can get the links for them as either full size or thumbnails - use the "for forums option" and you should only have to post the link straight into here.

Might seem a bit daunting at first but its not too difficult. One tip is if you have some form of image resizer its best to do that before you upload - will save you time and the images are quicker to load for those on slow internet.

Think i have the photos attached ??

Think i have the photos attached ??
    Yep. They are "attachments" onto the sites server which each member has an allowance but does have a limit so if you ended up putting quite a few images here and elsewhere eventually its easier to use one central host.

Looking at the spool block, are there any letters on the 4 ports one the two end sections where the fittings screw in? usually they have something- P for pressure? T for Tank? etc. if there are it might point to what those ports do. Its not unusual on diggers to have two or more pump flows doing separate services but to also be combined to get extra flow- ie higher flows required for hammer/aux circuits may have two supplies plumbed together. Another possibility could be that oil flows into that block and out again to a further spool block, the 1st one having priority over flow. So yes there could be "2 flow and returns".

Do you know what actions each slice/spool did on that block? My guess id that the 3 servo spools are boom, dipper & bucket? and the 3 manual spools could be 2 x tracking and a slew? If so the former may be double acting and the latter double acting but also different perhaps for hydraulic motors?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

How do i post pics ??
    Do you want a new parker servo joystick with 4 buttons on top? I one to sell thats all.

You may also need to know if the block is closed centre or open centre. Larger diggers would be closed centre for sure.

That block also has seperate circuit relief valves in some of the slices so you might need to adjust them to suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Do you want a new parker servo joystick with 4 buttons on top? I one to sell thats all.

You may also need to know if the block is closed centre or open centre. Larger diggers would be closed centre for sure.

That block also has seperate circuit relief valves in some of the slices so you might need to adjust them to suit your needs.

I got a servo joystick and got a joystick handle from a kramer tele handler from ebay neither was too expensive :-) harddest thing was gettin that block .

I was going to move the servos to the end plates ? But the relief valves on top of them makes me think i should leave it i took one the cable slices from it .

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Yep. They are "attachments" onto the sites server which each member has an allowance but does have a limit so if you ended up putting quite a few images here and elsewhere eventually its easier to use one central host.

Looking at the spool block, are there any letters on the 4 ports one the two end sections where the fittings screw in? usually they have something- P for pressure? T for Tank? etc. if there are it might point to what those ports do. Its not unusual on diggers to have two or more pump flows doing separate services but to also be combined to get extra flow- ie higher flows required for hammer/aux circuits may have two supplies plumbed together. Another possibility could be that oil flows into that block and out again to a further spool block, the 1st one having priority over flow. So yes there could be "2 flow and returns".

Do you know what actions each slice/spool did on that block? My guess id that the 3 servo spools are boom, dipper & bucket? and the 3 manual spools could be 2 x tracking and a slew? If so the former may be double acting and the latter double acting but also different perhaps for hydraulic motors?

I looked at both ends and no letters or markings but i was thinking like your saying about two feeds as in two pumps so im planing on putting a supply to one end and teeing it too other end and same for the return to tank .

Thanks for the tips on the pics too :-)