Thread: Kennan feeder 100

Kennan feeder 100

hi I recently got a 2nd hand feeder wagon and when I turn the weigh scales on I zero it and it does but then starts counting up could this be because its empty ??? not filled it yet so maybe I'm jumping the gun ?

Re: Kennan feeder 100

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Ed View Post
    hi I recently got a 2nd hand feeder wagon and when I turn the weigh scales on I zero it and it does but then starts counting up could this be because its empty ??? not filled it yet so maybe I'm jumping the gun ?
    What weigh system is it?
    Possibly a Perin Farmscale, but they all have similar principles.
    Make sure your voltage supply is good.
    Make sure there are no damaged cables.
    Is there a connector box on the chassis, to be able to unplug each individual weigh-bar?
    If you disconnect each individual weighbar, you might be able to find out if there is a faulty weighbar.
    Some really old systems each weighbar is plugged direct in the indicator, so is easier to unplug and test.
    It may be the indicator at fault, but most indicators should remain stable with no weighbars. If it still fluctuates it may be the indicator at fault.
    For full professional testing.repair advice try David King Electronics, 01789 731365.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    What weigh system is it?
    Possibly a Perin Farmscale, but they all have similar principles.
    Make sure your voltage supply is good.
    Make sure there are no damaged cables.
    Is there a connector box on the chassis, to be able to unplug each individual weigh-bar?
    If you disconnect each individual weighbar, you might be able to find out if there is a faulty weighbar.
    Some really old systems each weighbar is plugged direct in the indicator, so is easier to unplug and test.
    It may be the indicator at fault, but most indicators should remain stable with no weighbars. If it still fluctuates it may be the indicator at fault.
    For full professional testing.repair advice try David King Electronics, 01789 731365.
    im not 100% sure what weigh system it has, yes theres 4 cables going into the box so maybe if I unplug and check each 1 like you say?
    when I first turned it on it came up with error so I checked a few wires and it came on so possibly dodgy wiring somewhere,will keep updated if anything changes
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Ed View Post
    im not 100% sure what weigh system it has, yes theres 4 cables going into the box so maybe if I unplug and check each 1 like you say?
    when I first turned it on it came up with error so I checked a few wires and it came on so possibly dodgy wiring somewhere,will keep updated if anything changes
    thank you very much
    If it has four cables feeding n to the indicator unit, it will not be a Perin Farmscale.
    It could be a derivative of an old weightronics. Could be a lithium battery in it worn out, could be all sorts.
    Just wondered how you were coming on, might be able to replace it if it were an old weightronics, but if it is the indicator, David King could probably repair.
    Jack Caley

the Keenan had sorted itself now running sweet, sounds like that little box had got damp, cheers for the help